Author Topic: TX Viewer File  (Read 1647 times)

haven

• Private
TX Viewer File
« on: September 07, 2018, 08:30:44 AM »
Is anyone familiar with any methods of opening TX viewer files without the software, or with alternative programs? I got a CT Scan done and was given a file that contains the results but I don't have the software to view it. The surgeons assistant that gave me the file said I should be able able to view it from home but that doesn't seem to be the case. Any tips?

april

• Private
Re: TX Viewer File
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 08:53:09 AM »
What's the file extensions? .dcm?

haven

• Private
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 04:49:45 PM »
Sigh, I work in tech and feel dumb lol. It's an application ending with .exe. And I say that with a 90% confidence interval. I'm assuming that a surgeon would be able to open the file if I presented it to them, which is what I'm concerned about. I can't imagine surgeons using significantly varying file types.

april

• Private
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 11:01:23 PM »
Alright, well I've had a couple of scans over the years and I've had issues with TxStudio Viewer too. I was told by someone I needed a gaming computer.

For an older scan, TX would only launch after I had copied it to the desktop, ran as administrator and disabled my firewall/virus protection. It had been blocked from running. But even once launched, I could only see the CT slices and a 3D mask of my soft tissue (no actual 3D bone).

The next scan was given to me as an iVision application rather than Tx. So much better and no problems with rendering 3d. It was only of my maxilla area though.

And my most recent scan was a TxStudio Viewer application and doesn't open on my laptop AT ALL (not even with steps I mentioned above). So instead, I asked them for the DICOM files as they are the standard for medical imaging and can be imported into a whole heap of other programs. I think surgeons deal with DICOM files anyway.

april

• Private
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 11:39:20 PM »
But if you got this directly from a surgeon's office then they should be able to open it on their computers.  You just might not be able to view it yourself at home (not as much fun).

In my case the drs who ordered the scans did not open the disc in front of me, so I can't tell you if it worked for them or not.

haven

• Private
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 10:36:39 AM »
Those workarounds didn't work for me 😩. Im going to remain hopeful that any surgeon I see next will be able to open the file from their computer. I'd really like to avoid paying again for a scan.