Author Topic: Orthognatic software  (Read 1489 times)

Dogmatix

• Private
Orthognatic software
« on: October 14, 2018, 05:53:27 AM »
Is there any free orthognatic planning software that can be used to load a cbct scan into?

I've google around and find dolphin software and Nemofab etc, but I'm not interested in paying 20k EUR for a software just because it's fun to look at my jaw. I already have a cbct program that came with the scan, but it's only to explore, not moving things around etc.

Thinking if there's some open source project etc?

Reality

• Private
Re: Orthognatic software
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 12:45:37 AM »
Interestingly enough and unbeknownst to me, prior to purchasing -I bought an external optical drive that when paired with my CBCT Scan CD, automatically loaded the software used for orthognatic planning called, 'eXamVision'.

I could then see all data relating to 1. implant screen 2. TMJ Screen 3. MPR screen and 4. Ceph screen

Furthermore, what's nice about this program is that it has all of the plugins used for planning such as dolphin etc... 

The drive was fairly cheap, about $99 and actually quite useful.

If you're interested I'll check the model etc.. later & post up.

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 12:56:52 AM »

I could then see all data relating to 1. implant screen 2. TMJ Screen 3. MPR screen and 4. Ceph screen

When getting my cbct scan from the hospital, it was delivered with iCATVision, which has all of those screens. So looking at my cbct is not problem. But if I wish to displace the mandible, maxilla, ANS/PNS etc, then it seems like much more expensive software is needed, such as dolphin software.

korvitz

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 12:12:56 AM »
Are you sure its an wise idea to attempt to plan your own orthognathic surgery? Clearly alot of people here are knowlegable but still...

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 01:12:41 AM »
Are you sure its an wise idea to attempt to plan your own orthognathic surgery? Clearly alot of people here are knowlegable but still...

This is a misleading question. Correct questions is, wouldn't it be fun and interesting to learn how these software works and get a bettet understanding of orthognatic surgery?
To me, this would be fun and interesting regardless of my own surgery. If I could I'd attend hands on courses in surgery as well, not because I want to perform my own surgery, but to understand it better.

Austinou88

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 10:50:52 PM »
I kind of have the opposite question. I was given a CD by my OMFS, and on it was a ton of files. 

I clicked on something called Vision, which ran some stuff and downloaded a software called ICATVision.
It has a ton of different X-rays of mine on it, some very detailed. Still trying to figure it all out though.