Author Topic: Is Buccal Fat Pad Removal Beneficial?  (Read 1784 times)

RedLips

Is Buccal Fat Pad Removal Beneficial?
« on: November 05, 2018, 06:09:25 AM »
A lot of you on this forum have advised me against having a very invasive jaw surgery, as my issues are more aesthetic than functional.

I have a thin face, but I do have a bit of the chipmunk effect in my lower cheeks, probably due at least partially to chin incompetence.

But I was wondering - would a buccal fat pad removal surgery streamline the face, or would it just make a long midface look longer? Would you recommend it?

(Think Bella Hadid, who also has a longer midface but who many speculate has had the buccal fat pad surgery done)

ForeverAloneDude

Re: Is Buccal Fat Pad Removal Beneficial?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 02:25:58 PM »
Your midface really isn't that long dude...

And why would removing fat from your cheeks give the illusion of a shorter midface? That makes no logical sense. People get buccal fat reduction to give the appearance of sunken cheeks but that often wreaks havoc in just a few years since the fat that you remove normally erodes away.

RedLips

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 07:17:05 PM »
I don’t know. I just want to do SOMETHING. And I read somewhere that doctors speculate that Bella Hadid (who also has a long midface but is GORGEOUS) had a buccal fat removal surgery. So I thought it might help me.

Lefortitude

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 07:05:16 PM »
Usually not. People love to speculate on famous peoples surgeries.

wigglewiggle

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 01:06:34 AM »
I don’t know. I just want to do SOMETHING. And I read somewhere that doctors speculate that Bella Hadid (who also has a long midface but is GORGEOUS) had a buccal fat removal surgery. So I thought it might help me.

Interesting to see this comment. She clearly had buccal fat removal. She probably did/might have done some jaw shaving too but it's hard to tell because her facial fat covered up her actual jaw line.

Btw she also did brow lifting, which changed the shape of her upper eye lid and gave her that winge

ben from UK

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 11:10:51 AM »
Interesting to see this comment. She clearly had buccal fat removal. She probably did/might have done some jaw shaving too but it's hard to tell because her facial fat covered up her actual jaw line.

Btw she also did brow lifting, which changed the shape of her upper eye lid and gave her that winge

+ Nosejob.

Buccal fatpad reduction doesn't add much to looks, providing it's the right procedure to do and the surgeon does it well. Sometimes it makes you go back in looks.

That area isn't a very important facial area. If you do too much, you might get a Victoria Beckham face, which makes her look like a drug addict. Balance is key.

The shadows you see on some (model) faces, the 'sucked in cheeks' is usually caused by portruding cheekbones + jaw area and probably part of the chin too. You don't need to have it to be good looking. But some people have bloated cheeks, I guess buccal fatpad might work in those cases.

She went from a convex nose to a concave nose. Although it was overdone imo and it looks slightly fake (she probably had two or three nosejobs), it was probably a good decision and made her a career. It also doesn't look fake enough to be a distraction. I see women with overdone nosejobs, which look too fake, but she got somehow lucky it didn't ruin the natural beauty.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 11:26:25 AM by ben from UK »

Bowie

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2019, 11:14:57 AM »
+ Nosejob.

Buccal fatpad reduction doesn't add much to looks, providing it's the right procedure to do and the surgeon does it well. Sometimes it makes you go back in looks.

That area isn't a very important facial area. If you do too much, you might get a Victoria Beckham face, which makes her look like a drug addict. Balance is key.

The shadows you see on some (model) faces, the 'sucked in cheeks' is usually caused by portruding cheekbones + jaw area and probably part of the chin too. You don't need to have it to be good looking. But some people have bloated cheeks, I guess buccal fatpad might work in those cases.

I want to have the drug addict look lol. I will be having that as well as some custom implants from Yaremchuk. 😄

ben from UK

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2019, 11:19:18 AM »
I want to have the drug addict look lol. I will be having that as well as some custom implants from Yaremchuk. 😄

I don't think it's possible to know beforehand that you will get that sunken cheek look. But maybe I'm wrong.

ben from UK

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2019, 11:31:25 AM »
I just lol'd at her quote:

She may be one of the world's most beautiful women, with an incredible list of top modelling contracts under her belt, but Bella Hadid has revealed that she was racked with insecurities as a teenager, just like the rest of us. "I think I had more beauty insecurities growing up than anybody," the Victoria's Secret model told cosmopolitan.com, naming her thin brows and 'chubby' face as two of the features she fretted over. "I've always had really thin brows, I got them from my dad. I was also kind of chubbier growing up until I was 15, so there were a lot of things I had to grow into – I definitely had to grow into my face a lot. I wasn't very secure with myself until recently."

"I had to grow into my face". Lol. You mean you just rebuilt your face. But okay, she had kind of a good facial structure to begin with, except for the longface.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2019, 07:55:43 PM »
The most striking change is the eyes. Maybe it’s just makeup in the last photo, but the eye area is what makes a model. She would’ve still been one with the old nose and the new eyes.

Bowie

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2019, 12:18:26 PM »
I don't think it's possible to know beforehand that you will get that sunken cheek look. But maybe I'm wrong.
That’s true. I’m getting implants which will project the mid-face, orbital rims, high sharp cheekbones, jawline and chin. So I will be augmenting all the places which contribute to the hollow cheek look, hopefully the buccal fat pad removal on top of all that will give me that kind of look.

Had my consultation with Yaremchuk and I completely trust him. I like that you show him what kind of look you want and he will design it in a way which he know will look natural.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2019, 01:07:30 PM »
I thought you already looked like that after sailer

Bowie

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2019, 01:46:54 PM »
I thought you already looked like that after sailer
I did but the cartilage implants have resorbed so much that I no longer do.