Author Topic: I'm trying to improve my facial aesthetics. Don't know where to start  (Read 2407 times)

Yyes

Hey guys before we proceed I just want to give you guys a bit of background about me. The main issue with my face is that it's round and that it appears chubby. Here's what I have done to fight this.
  • I have taken up the ketogenic diet. Low carb high protein and fat
  • I have done buccal fat removal to the left side of my face which happens to still be the wider side
  • I have done facial lipo along with a chin implant

I sent my pictures to Dr Gunson so I am waiting on his feedback. The end goal is to have a more square face rather than a round chubby looking face.

Any advice?

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1NYeGAkH8FJWq9ZGJaLrvv7tEDhi39Ylt

Dogmatix

• Private
Re: I'm trying to improve my facial aesthetics. Don't know where to start
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 06:50:52 PM »
The main issue with my face is that it's round and that it appears chubby.

I see a perfectly normal face with normal proportions and no jaw deformity. I'm not sure what you're actually pursuing, but if you think you're chubby that is not an issue for a jaw surgeon. What procedure is it you're thinking about that would solve anything for you? The only thing a jaw surgery can do that have any impact on chubbyness would be if it's caused by bad soft tissue support and advancing the jaws, or maybe widening the ramus, but this would be crazy.

Yyes

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 10:06:10 PM »
Im pursuing a more aesthetic face. Functionally, I realize that there's nothing wrong with me. Aesthetically, I am trying to go from average to handsome.

I figured I would post in the aesthetics section of the forum since this is probably where this type of question should be made.

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 11:58:47 PM »
Im pursuing a more aesthetic face. Functionally, I realize that there's nothing wrong with me. Aesthetically, I am trying to go from average to handsome.

I figured I would post in the aesthetics section of the forum since this is probably where this type of question should be made.

In the pursue of aesthetics, you need to be able to isolate what you think is aesthetically wrong and what you wish to fix. If you don't know and wish to have opinions on what others would change on you for them to think you look better, you already have my opinion. Going in to the hair dresser saying "make me beautiful" is maybe fun, going into surgery with this is a disaster.

dammit_daniel

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 12:33:49 AM »
Completely agree with Dogmatix, you are a pretty good looking guy and jaw surgery is expensive, painful, time consuming with some bad risks involved.
Jaw surgery involves sometimes long stints in braces and alot of appointments.

I think you have some attractive & masculine facial features and I'm struggling to find flaws in your face.
I think your good points are
-wide cheekbones
-wide jaw
-good chin projection
-good nose shape - Nose base isn't too wide, nose isn't tipped up, can't see into your nostrils, symmetrical, bridge isn't overly obvious
-good teeth
-ears aren't flared
-nice eyes - eyes are same level, same size, nice shape
If you are really wanting to be pedantic I thought you had one facial flaw
-the midline of your chin point appears to be slightly to the left of of your midline of your face. this might make lips appear askew when you smile.

Yes maybe your face looks slightly full below your cheekbones? Maybe weight loss can do something for you. I think some fat on the face is good though. From the 45 degree angle photo your lips look like they protrude slightly, maybe you have some teeth protrusion which is perfectly normal in some races. I think fat loss on the face might cause your lip protrusion to look worse and can make your nose look bigger.

I would find other things to worry about, maybe take dogmatix's advise and get a haircut haha dye your hair or something ;D
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 01:27:01 AM by dammit_daniel »

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 02:34:34 PM »

Only when the basic question is whether or not better aesthetics could be achieved with jaw surgery. It's neither your question nor is jaw surgery the answer to the issues about your face you expressed.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Yyes

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 05:09:12 PM »

I think you have some attractive & masculine facial features and I'm struggling to find flaws in your face.
I think your good points are
-wide jaw

Damn. This is precisely what I was thinking of changing. I feel the slope of my jaw is too high which is what I think makes my face look rounder. I was thinking of doing ramus lengthening or jaw implants to solve the roundness

Yyes

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 05:10:09 PM »
Only when the basic question is whether or not better aesthetics could be achieved with jaw surgery. It's neither your question nor is jaw surgery the answer to the issues about your face you expressed.

What's weird is that Gunson accepted my request to see me so I assume that he must think there is something we can do to solve my problem

PloskoPlus

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 05:47:16 PM »
What's weird is that Gunson accepted my request to see me so I assume that he must think there is something we can do to solve my problem

There is probably a cant or yaw to your jaws that he's seeing and thinks he can address with DJS.  If it's not giving you functional problems, he will probably tell you to leave it.  Fixing it might make you more attractive, but the improvement would be slight IMO.

Lefortitude

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 07:40:05 PM »
I think you may want to consult a cosmetic surgeon

Yyes

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 07:46:43 PM »
I think you may want to consult a cosmetic surgeon

Dr Gunson does cosmetic procedures all the time and this is why I picked him. If anyone knows about facial aesthetics and the underlying bone structure of the face, Id imagine you cant do better than a max fax.