Author Topic: Opinions on this surgeons work: Dr Vikram Shetty -India  (Read 2673 times)

Reality

• Private
Opinions on this surgeons work: Dr Vikram Shetty -India
« on: December 13, 2018, 04:17:48 AM »
What do you guys think about his results?

http://drvikramshetty.com/portfolio.php

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Opinions on this surgeons work: Dr Vikram Shetty -India
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 10:09:34 AM »
First thing I look at is the presentation of the photos such as consistency in the before/afters such as same lighting and same angle of the camera.

Yes or No for that.    NO

Next thing I look at is a description of WHAT was done. Is there a description of what was done that I can find on a photo set?

Yes or No for that.   NO

No because when I click on what looks to be a link to a description for a photo set, I get:
[Not Found
The requested URL /facial-recontouring.php was not found on this server.]

So, in my eyes, it's not a rigorous presentation.

Then I look at the MARKETING; 'Clinic of Golden Proportions', 'Beauty is not by luck. It's a decision.'

Clearly, the APPEAL is to those wanting to be beautiful.

Q: How is this appeal presented?

A: By showing a LOT of people with DEFORMITIES where the deformities are in the venue of what MANY maxfax docs correct. The BIGGER the deformity the MORE the outcome is going to look MUCH better to the on looker.

Q: What is the on looker who does NOT have a facial deformity but wants to be beautiful assume?

A: The common assumption is that; 'IF he can improve someone with a deformity that much, it should be quite easy to make me beautiful because I DON'T have a deformity and there is LESS work for him to do to make me beautiful.'

Conclusion: He's making a direct appeal to those wanting to be beautiful via the presentation of large patient segment with DEFORMITIES. He hasn't actually made them 'beautiful' but of course they look much better when the DEFORMITIES are corrected. So the presentation along with the marketing of 'beauty' is aimed to appeal to those who would make the FAULTY ASSUMPTION of:

'If he can correct a DEFORMITY to make a person fit into the NORM, he can therefore make a person within the norm WITHOUT a deformity 'beautiful'. FAULTY conclusion.

My conclusion is that he can correct extensive deformities which are indeed within the capacity of MANY OTHER maxfax docs to also correct and GOOD LUCK to the person who does NOT have the extent of one of those DEFORMITIES who goes in with expectation that he will make them 'beautiful'.

Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Reality

• Private
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 02:46:35 PM »
@Kavanvan: Thank you for sharing your detailed insight and comprehensive analysis. I tend to agree with everything you've stated (admittedly, I was caught in the allure of assumption, as you so eloquently stated).

Dropped that karma ( :

Switching gears (actually digressing a bit) @Kavanvan: but would you be open to giving me your assessment if I post my ceph & xrays? (i.e. my aesthetic goals would benefit most from bimax or a genioplasty/chinwing is more advantageous etc...) 

I'm getting a lot of mixed feedback from different surgeons and I'd like to have something concrete to go upon. If you can't or don't wish to, it's okay and I understand.

Thanks for your time & consideration.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 03:39:56 PM »
@Kavanvan: Thank you for sharing your detailed insight and comprehensive analysis. I tend to agree with everything you've stated (admittedly, I was caught in the allure of assumption, as you so eloquently stated).

Dropped that karma ( :

Switching gears (actually digressing a bit) @Kavanvan: but would you be open to giving me your assessment if I post my ceph & xrays? (i.e. my aesthetic goals would benefit most from bimax or a genioplasty/chinwing is more advantageous etc...) 

I'm getting a lot of mixed feedback from different surgeons and I'd like to have something concrete to go upon. If you can't or don't wish to, it's okay and I understand.

Thanks for your time & consideration.

Well, when I do give responses/feedback, it's when I have time to do so/think about it rather than any 'urgency' (or even desire) for anyone to want my specific feedback. So, I never promise or imply to promise to address all questions here or any one question to be asked in the future.

You would need to put your ceph/xrays up anyway--like for comments from anybody but no specific person--as is the case of most posts that draw comments. If time avails and if something my head is 'clear' to think about, I give commentary.

Sometimes, people's questions and the way they ask them or think about them frustrate me because they are mixing up concepts or not 'connected' to the concepts they need and it gets timely for me to 'untangle' a lot of confusion they express within their question in order to explain my answer. So, depending on what someone wants to know/what question they ask, I need to see some basis of what they already know or can already observe to address their questions.

I like the way GJ (board owner) does it. He just looks at the cephs and gives feedback on JUST the cephs but (often) not in terms of the specific questions the person is asking. So, would be easier to just put up the ceph and then look at the responses to see which suggestions fit into your goals. That's because cephs are usually looked at with reference do deviations from norm rather than deviations from 'ideal'.

I've also upped your karma.

Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Reality

• Private
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 04:16:49 PM »
Sounds good ( :

On all counts, thanks very much!

Cheers,

korvitz

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 07:40:29 PM »
http://drvikramshetty.com/about.php

"As head of one of the busiest craniofacial institutes in South India, Dr. Vikram Shetty personally performs around 900 to 1000 complex facial surgeries every year. "

I find it extremely hard to believe that an surgeon can do 1000 surgeries per year, even if you count stuff like dental implants & Wisdom teeth extractions!