Author Topic: Are there any forum members that did bimax+chin wing with Z?  (Read 2097 times)

beautyislife

Are there any forum members that did bimax+chin wing with Z?
« on: January 21, 2019, 06:58:54 PM »
I think I may select him. However he does not provide any measurements and it's been said he does a very conservative CCW and focuses more on supplemental work in the maxilla/mouth region.

Any forum members on here that have had surgery with him? how are results? how did things turn out?

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Are there any forum members that did bimax+chin wing with Z?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 01:05:11 PM »
I think I may select him. However he does not provide any measurements and it's been said he does a very conservative CCW and focuses more on supplemental work in the maxilla/mouth region.

Any forum members on here that have had surgery with him? how are results? how did things turn out?

Here's a  member who has had recent  surgery with him.

http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php?topic=7522.0
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

beautyislife

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 04:33:21 PM »

Here's a  member who has had recent  surgery with him.

http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php?topic=7522.0

Thank you.

Question for you since you know a lot. Is it ok to get eye work (fillers or even canthoplasty) prior to jaw surgery?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 08:41:14 PM »
Thank you.

Question for you since you know a lot. Is it ok to get eye work (fillers or even canthoplasty) prior to jaw surgery?

Not allowed. I gave you a  link to another member and you are not allowed to use that as as op to ask an unrelated question just because I 'know a lot'.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

beautyislife

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 11:17:10 PM »
Not allowed. I gave you a  link to another member and you are not allowed to use that as as op to ask an unrelated question just because I 'know a lot'.

ok, understood. sorry

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 07:57:20 PM »
Thank you.

yeah, it's totally fine. Has nothing to do with any other surgery you might get.

apollo

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 09:43:53 PM »

Filler is definitely fine.

I'm not a doctor (so take this with a grain of salt), but I'd be slightly hesitant with the canthoplasty (especially if there is any lower eyelid retraction work done) if you're going to have an upper jaw movement later, for a couple of reasons.

1) Maxillary advancement has been shown to affect lower eyelid position.

2) Maxillary advancements often leave the upper midface relatively deficient. However, according to Dr. Taban (prominent occuloplastic surgeon), cheek/infraorbital implant placement after his almond eye surgery (which is canthoplasty + lower retraction surgery -- it might be different if it's just canthoplasty) is contraindicated, even if they're placed intraorally. So for some reason if you wanted implants post jaw surgery, it wouldn't be advised; you'd be forced to go with filler or fat (not saying that these are bad options, but you would have less options).

Not sure if this logic applies if you're doing a canthoplasty without any lower eyelid work.

beautyislife

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2019, 05:25:26 AM »
Filler is definitely fine.

I'm not a doctor (so take this with a grain of salt), but I'd be slightly hesitant with the canthoplasty (especially if there is any lower eyelid retraction work done) if you're going to have an upper jaw movement later, for a couple of reasons.

1) Maxillary advancement has been shown to affect lower eyelid position.

2) Maxillary advancements often leave the upper midface relatively deficient. However, according to Dr. Taban (prominent occuloplastic surgeon), cheek/infraorbital implant placement after his almond eye surgery (which is canthoplasty + lower retraction surgery -- it might be different if it's just canthoplasty) is contraindicated, even if they're placed intraorally. So for some reason if you wanted implants post jaw surgery, it wouldn't be advised; you'd be forced to go with filler or fat (not saying that these are bad options, but you would have less options).

Not sure if this logic applies if you're doing a canthoplasty without any lower eyelid work.

I don't think I will pursue implants. i like the almond eye procedure, seems like that would be best to wait then. does moving the maxilla help lower eyelids or does it pull them in a negative way?

yeah, it's totally fine. Has nothing to do with any other surgery you might get.

thx