Author Topic: Opinion on Eye Attractiveness?  (Read 5560 times)

Austinou88

Opinion on Eye Attractiveness?
« on: January 26, 2019, 07:53:55 PM »
I came across this article called "What Makes a Person’s Eyes Attractive?".
Thoughts?

https://lookstheory.wordpress.com/2016/09/12/what-makes-a-persons-eyes-attractive/

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Opinion on Eye Attractiveness?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 10:05:37 PM »
I came across this article called "What Makes a Person’s Eyes Attractive?".
Thoughts?

https://lookstheory.wordpress.com/2016/09/12/what-makes-a-persons-eyes-attractive/

yeah agreed on all points. but how the f**k do we change any of this. can we? what procedures.

and please don't talk about a f**king box osteotomy. NO ONE has done that. Apparently Anthony S. Wolfe will. But who's done it? Speak up. The rest, can Taban do it? Change canthul tilt, reduce upper eyelid exposure, create hooded eyes? Speak up motherf**kers.

apollo

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 10:56:49 PM »
Speak up motherf**kers.

Canthal tilt and lower eyelid retraction (excessive scleral show) can be addressed by canthoplasty/pexy and lower eyelid retraction surgery.

1) https://tabanmd.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Eight.jpg
2) https://tabanmd.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Eva-1024x264.jpg

Also, Dr. Yaremchuk's performs subperiosteal midface lifts, which can help lift the lower eyelid.

I've also read that filler can help lift the lower eyelid. I've also read that custom orbital rim implants that actually increase the vertical projection of the infraorbital rim can lift the lower eyelid (from Dr. Eppley's blog).

___

Upper eyelid exposure is best addressed by filler.

Examples:

1) https://georgeyangmd.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Upper-eyelid-filler-BA-002WM-copy.jpg
2) http://www.draharonov.com/images/Image_Gallery_Pictures/Upper_Eyelid_Fillers/upper_eyelid_filler_vollume_loss_eyes_01.jpg

___

Lowering the eyebrows can be done through botox, although I haven't seen any before and afters of a patient seeking to lower the brows. I have seen photos of patients on realself who complain of iatrogenic eyebrow ptosis caused by botox, and the brow does appear to sit lower.

Austinou88

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 11:06:11 PM »
yeah agreed on all points. but how the f**k do we change any of this. can we? what procedures.

and please don't talk about a f**king box osteotomy. NO ONE has done that. Apparently Anthony S. Wolfe will. But who's done it? Speak up. The rest, can Taban do it? Change canthul tilt, reduce upper eyelid exposure, create hooded eyes? Speak up motherf**kers.
Yeah, it's seems like it's kind of pointless to discuss something and not put out some of
the fixes.

beautyislife

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 05:56:04 AM »
can someone explain how to accurately measure canthal tilt? is it from eyelid opening to eyelid opening? or is it from the actual inner eye (the white parts) to outer eye?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 08:59:11 AM »
That's a JUNK 'Lookism' model worship type of 'article'. If I had seen this earlier before it garnered responses, I would have DELETED it. Why? Because we don't want JSF turning into Gandi fapper model worship site. Why? Because the ugly truth about 'what a MODEL has'-- and here, it's the eyes--is that they have something most of the population DOESN'T have and ISN'T going to reproduce via surgery which is WHY they are models.

It gets UGLIER than that. It leads to people feeling bad about themselves because they don't have what an extremely small segment of the population has--MODELS--and in turn leads to HAPLESS pursuits of surgeries to reproduce something that can't, in it's entirety, be reproduced. Here, the type of eyes a model has. Sure, an eye guy can do some things to improve the eye area. But they won't be reproducing all the things that a model has as far as the eyes go. But that doesn't stop some doctors who PREY on the 'I want what the model has' types from marketing 'male model surgery'.

So, what really makes a person's eyes attractive?  The fact that they have a LARGE SALARY where their work is based on THEIR LOOKS or they are just born LUCKY with those kinds of eyes. So, welcome to the world of let downs if you think some surgeon is going reproduce all of that.

Damned straight that's a POINTLESS 'article'. Why? Because all it does is promote a type of psyche torture for model worshipers who don't have those eyes.

The ugliest pill to swallow--and open wide--is people with those eyes get PAID to MODEL because they are BORN with 'the look'. They are there for you to BUY what ever they are selling. But you can't buy what they have.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

jusken

• Private
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 01:28:43 PM »
The only positive takeaway I can see anyone getting from this is to learn that nothing currently can let someone change their eyes to look from one of those 'unattractive' examples to 'attractive' (I'd caution any surgery big or small around your eyes though).  I use quotes because, like Kavan said, it's only represented in an extremely small percentage of people.  It's amazing how good a body is at growing beautifully given the right variables, but please don't rely on a surgeon to replicate that.  Trying to will likely end in disaster.  The only way that's ever going to be available is with some crazy advanced technology, and at that point, most people will look great and it'll be normal.

It may be tempting to try to think a solution is out there if you find the right person, but we're talking about very precise and deeply complex facial development - too many variables to control with a syringe or blade.  Even those 'unattractive' examples look good compared to unnatural or unbalanced.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 02:34:54 PM »
Canthal tilt and lower eyelid retraction (excessive scleral show) can be addressed by canthoplasty/pexy and lower eyelid retraction surgery.

1) https://tabanmd.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Eight.jpg
2) https://tabanmd.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Eva-1024x264.jpg

Also, Dr. Yaremchuk's performs subperiosteal midface lifts, which can help lift the lower eyelid.

I've also read that filler can help lift the lower eyelid. I've also read that custom orbital rim implants that actually increase the vertical projection of the infraorbital rim can lift the lower eyelid (from Dr. Eppley's blog).

___

Upper eyelid exposure is best addressed by filler.

Examples:

1) https://georgeyangmd.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Upper-eyelid-filler-BA-002WM-copy.jpg
2) http://www.draharonov.com/images/Image_Gallery_Pictures/Upper_Eyelid_Fillers/upper_eyelid_filler_vollume_loss_eyes_01.jpg

___

Lowering the eyebrows can be done through botox, although I haven't seen any before and afters of a patient seeking to lower the brows. I have seen photos of patients on realself who complain of iatrogenic eyebrow ptosis caused by botox, and the brow does appear to sit lower.

this is all great s**t. you're the man (or woman or shim, don't know, but i'm assuming man from your apollo moniker). this is what we need people to search out pics of procedures before and after. f**king this board has been around for centuries and i have yet to see a f**king ZSO result!!!!!

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2019, 07:49:31 PM »
That's a JUNK 'Lookism' model worship type of 'article'. If I had seen this earlier before it garnered responses, I would have DELETED it. Why? Because we don't want JSF turning into Gandi fapper model worship site. Why? Because the ugly truth about 'what a MODEL has'-- and here, it's the eyes--is that they have something most of the population DOESN'T have and ISN'T going to reproduce via surgery which is WHY they are models.

It gets UGLIER than that. It leads to people feeling bad about themselves because they don't have what an extremely small segment of the population has--MODELS--and in turn leads to HAPLESS pursuits of surgeries to reproduce something that can't, in it's entirety, be reproduced. Here, the type of eyes a model has. Sure, an eye guy can do some things to improve the eye area. But they won't be reproducing all the things that a model has as far as the eyes go. But that doesn't stop some doctors who PREY on the 'I want what the model has' types from marketing 'male model surgery'.

So, what really makes a person's eyes attractive?  The fact that they have a LARGE SALARY where their work is based on THEIR LOOKS or they are just born LUCKY with those kinds of eyes. So, welcome to the world of let downs if you think some surgeon is going reproduce all of that.

Damned straight that's a POINTLESS 'article'. Why? Because all it does is promote a type of psyche torture for model worshipers who don't have those eyes.

The ugliest pill to swallow--and open wide--is people with those eyes get PAID to MODEL because they are BORN with 'the look'. They are there for you to BUY what ever they are selling. But you can't buy what they have.

Great post.

The best thing you can do for your well-being and attractiveness is accept the eyes you have.

If you try to turn them into the eyes of a model, you're likely going to turn them into the eyes of a monster.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2019, 09:17:03 PM »
Yeah +1 on the monster comment. We need a dose of reality like that, even though you all know I like to dream sometimes.

You know those taban pics could also be the result of lens tricks and people making different expressions with their eyes. So proceed with caution is the right attitude.

Tezcatli

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2019, 11:15:28 AM »
Yeah +1 on the monster comment. We need a dose of reality like that, even though you all know I like to dream sometimes.

You know those taban pics could also be the result of lens tricks and people making different expressions with their eyes. So proceed with caution is the right attitude.

My sister had a slight problem with her eyes, basically they wouldn't close properly when she was sleeping leading to dry eyes. She also had a slight "negative or neutral canthal tilt", I use the quotes because doctors don't actually use that term.
Anyway, I talked with the surgeon together with her, what he said, basically, was that there isn't one single procedure to fix that, it depends on a few anatomical details, most importantly is your under eye support. That can be measured by the orbital vector.

In her case it was positive, her eyes problems were entirely due to the soft tissue in the canthus, he fixed it, 2 years ago, with a canthoplasty, results have been stable. Her problem, according to him, was a low insertion of the tendon into the bone leading to lax skin, he cut it and re-attached at a higher position. She was also showing signs of premature ectropion.

That's something common in older people, she was 20, although it wasn't still considered ectropion and it was smaller than in the pic as that would demand a different surgery.
It was really interesting, he pushed my eyelid down and when he let it go it would go right back up, while when he did the same to my sister it would take maybe a second for it to go back up.
A full canthoplasty like she did is a bigger surgery than a canthopexy, I don't know the details about canthopexies but you don't cut the tendon. It's still not a terrible surgery, nothing close to jaw surgery, she was back at home the same day, had ecchymosis for around a week and now she has a very small incision line on the outer corners of the eye, she covers it up with makeup but it's barely visible because it follows the natural folds of the skin.

Now, when your orbital vector is negative it gets more complicated. You need to see why it's negative. Is it due to a lack of bone support, a lack of soft tissue support or is it because of eyes that are too big to the eye socket?
Some doctors will just put an implant, as shown in the pic, but my doctor said he tries to address each case separately. Implants, orbital decompression, fat grafting or (IIRC, I could be wrong) cartilage grafting. Followed by the canthoplasty.

I will not be posting her pics and we're from Brazil, if somebody really wants to come her we can talk in PMs but I will not publish the surgeon name in public.
On the other hand, if you want pictures member Picollo30 had a canthoplasty with similar results in Portugal. Check out his thread about jaw surgery, he told me he also had a canthoplasty sometime in the past and it fixed his much greater negative canthal tilt.
My main point is that, at least in some cases, it can be done although some doctors on realself don't make it that clear, some relevant entries:
https://www.realself.com/question/turkey-tr-rid-negative-canthal-tilt
https://www.realself.com/question/portugal-lateral-canthopexy-correct-anti-mongoloid-downward-slant-lateral#

beautyislife

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2019, 09:15:59 AM »
Is Taban really the only one to go to regarding eyes?