Author Topic: New implant imitates bone structure  (Read 8253 times)

Post bimax

• Private
Re: New implant imitates bone structure
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2019, 05:43:21 PM »
Thanks I appreciate that. Out of curiosity did the large maxilla advancement cause unwanted facial changes?

Yeah, pretty significant. Convex lip, nostril flare, upturned nose. My aesthetic result was poor.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2019, 08:01:36 PM »
Yeah, pretty significant. Convex lip, nostril flare, upturned nose. My aesthetic result was poor.

And then there's me who got so little soft tissue support from the operation.

CCW

« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2019, 01:57:19 AM »
Do you think GUnson is a good fit for this or would Alfaro be better? After all, this problem has taken me to the brink of suicide so I really do need to get it right this time.
Either one would be good. It doesn't really matter.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2019, 02:20:02 AM »
Yes, I too think a strong CCW may be able to slightly relieve my issues a bit. Like does that mean that if the front part of my upper arch moves up and is angled out then they'd be able to bring the lower jaw more forward without the tongue coming forward as well? I mean why do YOU think it would create more space in my mouth/for my tongue. If CCW would bring the back of the upper arch DOWN wouldn't that then trap my tongue or does it not bring it that far down. Thanks.

Do you think GUnson is a good fit for this or would Alfaro be better? After all, this problem has taken me to the brink of suicide so I really do need to get it right this time.
Wolford.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2019, 12:31:26 PM »
Wolford.

Just out of curiosity Plosko, why dod you think Wolford is the guy. Why do you think this will help my tongue? Just wanting a deeper explanation. I respect your experience and knowledge.