Author Topic: Opinions on Wolford?  (Read 6627 times)

CCW

Re: Opinions on Wolford?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2019, 02:47:03 PM »
Technically it wasn't if you still have a convex profile. He does revisions like that all the time.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2019, 03:27:35 PM »
Technically it wasn't if you still have a convex profile. He does revisions like that all the time.

This is my current profile:

https://imgur.com/h6S9CDM

To me, that looks like a convex profile mainly due to the dominant subnasal/upper lip area and retrusive chin by comparison.  Would you agree?

In many ways it looks worse to me than my pre-op profile (not to mention the frontal view, since i got substantial nostril flaring with an upturned tip).  The point of my surgery was to correct functional issues, and I thought any aesthetic changes would just be icing.  But I feel as though I got the opposite.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2019, 03:53:43 PM »
This is my current profile:

https://imgur.com/h6S9CDM

To me, that looks like a convex profile mainly due to the dominant subnasal/upper lip area and retrusive chin by comparison.  Would you agree?

In many ways it looks worse to me than my pre-op profile (not to mention the frontal view, since i got substantial nostril flaring with an upturned tip).  The point of my surgery was to correct functional issues, and I thought any aesthetic changes would just be icing.  But I feel as though I got the opposite.

That's the one where I did the morph to convey it's more of a matter of being convex LIP rather than a convex profile. Be sure to target what ever consults you go on  on what will be needed to specifically target the upper lip.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2019, 04:11:23 PM »
That's the one where I did the morph to convey it's more of a matter of being convex LIP rather than a convex profile. Be sure to target what ever consults you go on  on what will be needed to specifically target the upper lip.

That’s correct, I’m just not sure the two can be separated. The convexity was caused by the advancement, so at consults I’d ask the surgeon about the effects of any revision plan on both chin projection and lip curve. I’m not sure a PS alone can make a convex lip flat or concave but I am planning to consult one in my area anyway in several months when I’m certain  swelling is gone. The main lip procedures I can find are lip lifts which is not what I need.

I’m not ‘dead set’ on a revision by any means, especially if surgeons do not offer CCW for my case. I just suspect it may be the only way to adequately address the issue. Honestly if a PS was confident he could fix the lip I’d be ecstatic because I could do that and the nose all in one go.

In real life I perpetually look like my upper lip was stung by a bee. Which is sort of funny but also something I don’t want to live with for the rest of my life.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2019, 04:34:46 PM »
That’s correct, I’m just not sure the two can be separated. The convexity was caused by the advancement, so at consults I’d ask the surgeon about the effects of any revision plan on both chin projection and lip curve. I’m not sure a PS alone can make a convex lip flat or concave but I am planning to consult one in my area anyway in several months when I’m certain  swelling is gone. The main lip procedures I can find are lip lifts which is not what I need.

I’m not ‘dead set’ on a revision by any means, especially if surgeons do not offer CCW for my case. I just suspect it may be the only way to adequately address the issue. Honestly if a PS was confident he could fix the lip I’d be ecstatic because I could do that and the nose all in one go.

In real life I perpetually look like my upper lip was stung by a bee. Which is sort of funny but also something I don’t want to live with for the rest of my life.

Have just sent a PM.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

april

• Private
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2019, 11:30:34 PM »
I've called and they reached out to me by email so I sent my pictures and xrays.  I'm not sure if they'll grant me a consultation as my concerns are aesthetic now since my functional issues were corrected by my initial surgery.

I explained this in the materials I gave them so we'll see. I've head it's hard to get a consultation with him without an orthodontist's recommendation but I'm not sure if that's true.
I was able to get an (online) consult without an ortho referral - there was just an extra screening step involved.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2019, 11:41:07 AM »
Update - got an email from Gunson's office today. They reviewed my pictures and xrays and offered a consultation for a revision.  I'm going to schedule it for late November/December to give it the full year post-op. I think I'll hold off on Wolford for now until I see what Gunson says.