Author Topic: bimax+cheekbones in one surgery OR bimax first  (Read 728 times)

djsbelgium

bimax+cheekbones in one surgery OR bimax first
« on: July 30, 2019, 11:52:56 AM »
Besides bimax i'm considering the following procedures: cheekbone augmentation (with HA paste) and zygomatic arch reduction (might be not worth it because too invasive). I'm a class II (deep bite) with a strong chin. I lack a bit of anterior growth of the cheekbones (receded face) but plenty of lateral growth (bit too much).

Is there any merit to getting bimax only first and then considering cheekbone work? In that case i can get bimax in a public hospital (my countrys public hospitals (Belgium) are great for bimax) and then go to a private surgeon for HA paste.

If i get both in one sitting i'd have to go to a private surgeon and pay double for the bimax. The 2 private (known) surgeons in my country are dr Defrancq and dr Noorman van der Dussen. I had an appointment with Defrancq and was left with doubts. dr Noorman van der Dussen is mainly a plastic surgeon and doesn't do bimax often. So (in my eyes) not 2 attractive options for bimax, but good options for cheekbones.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: bimax+cheekbones in one surgery OR bimax first
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 06:20:56 PM »
IMO, it's best to get the bimax FIRST. This is because, you can always get cheek work done LATER. Does not have to be at same time.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.