Author Topic: Changes to Taste Post Surgery  (Read 914 times)

glittersparkles

Changes to Taste Post Surgery
« on: March 26, 2019, 12:22:20 PM »
Hi,
I'm 12 days out from surgery.  Starting on day 1, when eating anything citrus or salted the taste seems to be very strong. There is also a tingle around my lips and other parts of my mouth.  The sensation stays with me for 15-20 minutes after.

I'm not sure if perhaps these ingredients are hitting my incisions or if my palate has changed slightly post surgery.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Changes to Taste Post Surgery
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 12:46:31 PM »
Hi,
I'm 12 days out from surgery.  Starting on day 1, when eating anything citrus or salted the taste seems to be very strong. There is also a tingle around my lips and other parts of my mouth.  The sensation stays with me for 15-20 minutes after.

I'm not sure if perhaps these ingredients are hitting my incisions or if my palate has changed slightly post surgery.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks

I wouldn't worry about any of that. Will be lots of little changes here and there. If you don't have loss of feeling to your lips or chin you're INCREDIBLY lucky. I would bask in yoour goodd fortune and let time heal yoou back to perfection.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 01:04:55 PM »
I'd say at day 12 this falls into the realm of normal.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

glittersparkles

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 02:18:08 PM »

I wouldn't worry about any of that. Will be lots of little changes here and there. If you don't have loss of feeling to your lips or chin you're INCREDIBLY lucky. I would bask in your goodd fortune and let time heal yoou back to perfection.
[/quote]

Hi-
Thanks for replying.

Oh, I have no feeling in my lower lip or chin to the touch, just tingles and pressure. I'm not too worried about the taste change, I was just curious if anyone else had a similar experience or had information about it.

Of all the potential side effects they had me sign off on, more intense taste sensitivity was not one of them. 

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 06:44:56 PM »
You're not really 'tasting stronger'. The salt and acid from the lemon are IRRITANTS to the mucosa so soon after surgery.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

glittersparkles

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 04:39:34 PM »
Ahhh, Ok, good to know.

Thank you!!