Author Topic: Surgery with Dr Gunson coming up  (Read 929 times)

Yyes

Surgery with Dr Gunson coming up
« on: April 07, 2019, 11:24:23 PM »
Hey guys,

I got a second consultation with Dr Gunson. The first time around he didnt think he could help me out. He then looked at my photos for a second time and he came up with a plan. My main goal is to get rid of my round face and make it more masculine without adding bulk. The reason we are doing jaw reduction is because if I do jaw implants, my face will only look bulkier instead of looking leaner and squarer.

I have attached some pictures of what I currently look like, and what I wish to look like after the surgery.

Ultimately, they will be doing the following things:
  • Shaving of the lower jaw. I have large mandibular bodies that can be reduced
  • Sliding genioplasty along with the chin implant removal that I currently have. This will also improve my cant and add some squareness to my chin according to him

What do you guys think? Is this goal achievable? How invasive is this surgery and do I run the risk of majorly screwing up my face?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Ac2ElHs6qtIXtBqc6-mSEduNTI-bOK5v?usp=sharing

ditterbo

Re: Surgery with Dr Gunson coming up
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 03:58:13 PM »
I see a mostly indiscernible change that doesn't look better, just different.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 04:18:59 PM »
You look great. I think you look better without the squreish chin.

Lefortitude

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 05:27:11 PM »
I think Gunsons original advice was likely prudent; that is to say, your aesthetic concerns do not indicate maxillofacial surgery as an intervention. You're probably better off seeing a plastic surgeon who can contour your bones and soft tissue to your desired aesthetic. However, if you have piles of cash and loads of free time, go for it. He's the best in the biz for a reason.

Yyes

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 06:02:14 PM »
I think Gunsons original advice was likely prudent; that is to say, your aesthetic concerns do not indicate maxillofacial surgery as an intervention. You're probably better off seeing a plastic surgeon who can contour your bones and soft tissue to your desired aesthetic. However, if you have piles of cash and loads of free time, go for it. He's the best in the biz for a reason.

The thing about Gunson is that he does aesthetic stuff as well. And its like you said, hes the best in the business.

Also, hes actually not that expensive. Hes less expensive than plastic surgeons like Dr Yaremchuk or Dr Ramirez and hes also against doing jaw implants which makes sense.

So not only is his advice better but not as expensive. Hes the only surgeon I feel comfortable with considering his knowledge of facial aesthetics.

Yyes

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 06:04:01 PM »
You look great. I think you look better without the squreish chin.

Thanks Lazlo. I feel the face is too round for my taste so I guess im just not happy with that.

I see a mostly indiscernible change that doesn't look better, just different.

Thanks ditterbo, always great to get outsiders perspective.