Author Topic: Morph of Zygomatic Osteotomy I made, is a result like this possible?  (Read 4126 times)

forwardgrowth

Re: Morph of Zygomatic Osteotomy I made, is a result like this possible?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2019, 06:21:23 PM »
I feel like Sinn would take on ZMC   ;D the man

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2019, 11:31:39 PM »
If someone has extreme midface deficiency is the best option  ZMC repositioning surgery, zygoma osteotomy, or MOD Lefort 3 a combination or multiple of those? Thanks

My goal is to move the zygomatic complex laterally 10mm and forward 10mm

I would definitely have a conversation with Sinn about it. You could even hit him up online.

ODog

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2019, 10:05:32 AM »
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5759662/#!po=1.92308

There is a pretty good cheekbone result in this article as the result of a ZMC repositioning surgery

That’s an amazing result. I wonder how he got bone projection got to the sides of the nose/ paranasal area? Or maybe that’s just soft tissue re-draping?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2019, 02:36:22 PM »
That’s an amazing result. I wonder how he got bone projection got to the sides of the nose/ paranasal area? Or maybe that’s just soft tissue re-draping?

I mean if that could be done on both of your cheekbones that is literally the ideal result for a man. Does it say how many mm anterior and lateral was done on this guy?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2019, 02:37:59 PM »
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5759662/#!po=1.92308

There is a pretty good cheekbone result in this article as the result of a ZMC repositioning surgery

Although the surgery bumped out his lateral cheek area and corrected his fracture so the broken cheek matched up more with the unbroken one, all I would conclude from this is that it fixed his broken cheek. Kind of but not completely. But as much as possible. I would not conclude this is a great operation for cosmetic reasons.

He's got a double bump on the left side of photo D which can also be seen on left side of photo B. Likewise on the left side of the photo of the CT scan of the correction where it should be obvious why he got the double bump.

Those who would conclude that this would be a great operation for COSMETIC REASONS either:

a: Were not observant enough to have seen the double bump effect with it.

b: Were observant to see it but would actually LIKE or would not mind having a double bump on both sides.

For those who thought these were 'great' results and would entertain this for COSMETICS which one are you; 'a' or 'b'?

Anyone on this string with a CHEEK FRACTURE that dislocated the area?
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2019, 02:43:05 PM »
I mean if that could be done on both of your cheekbones that is literally the ideal result for a man. Does it say how many mm anterior and lateral was done on this guy?

Oh, yes, 'ideal' (for cosmetics patients) to have DOUBLE BUMP to the cheek area. See my prior post on this string about that.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.