Author Topic: Morph of Zygomatic Osteotomy I made, is a result like this possible?  (Read 4225 times)

confusor

Is a malar osteotomy result like this possible or am I just expecting way too much?

before

After

I know it looks unnatural but is it possible to have the malar popping out that much after the osteotomy? If not then can someone morph and tell me what a realistic result would look like or post zygo osteotomy results as I have seen one so far and it didn’t really look like anything was done to it

ben from UK

Re: Morph of Zygomatic Osteotomy I made, is a result like this possible?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 06:33:05 AM »
I don't know, but do you think you look better with those feminine cheekbones? I don't think you look better.

Your eye area and long face are the problem imo. You lack oribtal support, especially at the right side (left for the viewer), which also gives the impression your eyes lie to deep. + Exposed upper eyelids, too much positive canthal tilt and eyes too close.

I don't know if it's lens distortion, but you seem to have a long face as well. Your nose is good. So I don't really know why you want to do cheekbone implants, unless you want to make your face broader to compensate for the long face. But in that case, the jaw should probably be broader as well. But I don't even know if that will solve the problem and you would have to change the whole phenoptype. Tricky stuff.

All in all, you're not repulsive. You have angular jaw, a good nose and good philtrum. I think in theory, to make you more aestethic looking, you will probably need to shorten your face by shortening your chin. This may make your face more compact. Maybe top that off with orbital procedure.

This is only my opinion, but it's backed by numbers: the face is ideally 1/3-1/3-1/3. From top of the forehaed to eyebrows, from eyebrows to lowest part of the nose and from lowest part of the nose to lowest part of the chin. So, if you measure it, you'll see that 1/3rd from lowest part of the nose to lowest part of the chin is longer than the other two parts, causing a long face. Other people will say you hsve a prominent chin, that's good, but it's about facial harmony as well. So, i don't know how cheekbones will solve that problem, I guess it doesn't do the trick on this morph. Maybe you have other pictures.

This is what you might get if you shorten the chin and add a jwaimplant to broaden the face. It will give you a more 'boyish' look, softening out the face (at least on the morph), but I don't know if you like that. maybe the 2nd morph is better: without shirtening the chin + jawimplants + orbital implants + cheekbone implants.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 07:10:22 AM by ben from UK »

confusor

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 07:10:21 AM »
I don't know, but do you think you look better with those feminine cheekbones? I don't think you look better.

Your eye area and long face are the problem imo. You lack oribtal support, especially at the right side (left for the viewer), which also gives the impression your eyes lie to deep. + Exposed upper eyelids, too much positive canthal tilt and eyes too close.

I don't know if it's lens distortion, but you seem to have a long face as well. Your nose is good. So I don't really know why you want to do cheekbone implants, unless you want to make your face broader to compensate for the long face. But in that case, the jaw should probably be broader as well. But I don't even know if that will solve the problem and you would have to change the whole phenoptype. Tricky stuff.

All in all, you're not repulsive. You have angular jaw, a good nose and good philtrum. I think in theory, to make you more aestethic looking, you will probably need to shorten your face by shortening your chin. This may make your face more compact. Maybe top that off with orbital procedure.

This is only my opinion, but it's backed by numbers: the face is ideally 1/3-1/3-1/3. From top of the forehaed to eyebrows, from eyebrows to lowest part of the nose and from lowest part of the nose to lowest part of the chin. So, if you measure it, you'll see that 1/3rd from lowest part of the nose to lowest part of the chin is longer than the other two parts, causing a long face. Other people will say you hsve a prominent chin, that's good, but it's about facial harmony as well. So, i don't know how cheekbones will solve that problem, I guess it doesn't do the trick on this morph. Maybe you have other pictures.

This is what you might get if you shorten the chin and add a jwaimplant to broaden the face. It will give you a more 'boyish' look, softening out the face (at least on the morph), but I don't know if you like that.

sorry but that guy is not me in the pic(and i am aware its lens distortion in the pic), I chose his pic because i have a similar middle third to his aka flat malar bones that don't pop out one bit, i want bones that pop out from the side(laterally) tbh, so far i have seen 1 malar osteotomy result and it was like no change was added to the malar bones.

I have asked Dr.Brusco about this and sent him this morph and he said the morph was a bit extreme and that he aimed for natural results(aka less of the bone oozing out laterally which is not ideal for aesthetics, all male models have the malar bone popping out from the side like handsome squidward)

i dont want to go for implants because
A) they get infected and have to pay for them to be removed
B) they move and then i would have to reposition them and moving causes bone erosion
C) osteotomy creates real bone

ben from UK

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 07:13:15 AM »
sorry but that guy is not me in the pic(and i am aware its lens distortion in the pic), I chose his pic because i have a similar middle third to his aka flat malar bones that don't pop out one bit, i want bones that pop out from the side(laterally) tbh, so far i have seen 1 malar osteotomy result and it was like no change was added to the malar bones.

I have asked Dr.Brusco about this and sent him this morph and he said the morph was a bit extreme and that he aimed for natural results(aka less of the bone oozing out laterally which is not ideal for aesthetics, all male models have the malar bone popping out from the side like handsome squidward)

O okay, then I have morphed it two times for nothing. You should state that in your opening post. Also, I don't know if this guy wants his pic on this board.

I think it's only possible to have that kind of augmentation with implants. Still you have to figure out if it fits the rest of the face when doing that, cause it could easily be 'too much'.

confusor

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 07:14:52 AM »
O okay, then I have morphed it two times for nothing. You should state that in your opening post. Also, I don't know if this guy wants his pic on this board.

pic was on an incel rate me thread tbh.
anyways
can you morph the malar bones and tell me what are realistic results going to look like on him if he were to get malar osteotomy?

ben from UK

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 07:16:34 AM »
pic was on an incel rate me thread tbh.
anyways
can you morph the malar bones and tell me what are realistic results going to look like on him if he were to get malar osteotomy?

I don't know what is realistic with osteotomy. You should ask people that went for maximum movement.

micjawsurgery

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 09:10:47 AM »
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5759662/#!po=1.92308

There is a pretty good cheekbone result in this article as the result of a ZMC repositioning surgery

confusor

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2019, 09:43:21 AM »
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5759662/#!po=1.92308

There is a pretty good cheekbone result in this article as the result of a ZMC repositioning surgery

WOW!! that is an incredible result but
"subperiosteal dissection was extended superiorly over the malar eminence just below infraorbital rim"

touching anything near the eye socket is basically asking to be blind, this is the one thing i don't want to risk, that's why i believe a zigomatic osteotomy is a safer option

micjawsurgery

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2019, 10:03:25 AM »
But the authors go on to conclude the technique is safe and don’t mention blindness anywhere in the article.

confusor

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2019, 10:11:18 AM »
But the authors go on to conclude the technique is safe and don’t mention blindness anywhere in the article.

It might be safe for that one patient, who's to say the next time they do it then it won't result in blindness? The cut is being made right close to your infraobital rims, you really believe a cut right next to your eye socket is going to be safe and not result in blindness?

micjawsurgery

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2019, 10:41:12 AM »
Zygomaticmaxillary repositioning is not an uncommon surgery. Most of them are done to repair functional fractures. I’ve been looking at a few articles on it the past few days and blindness is not really mentioned. Same thing when I talked to Sinn about it.

confusor

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2019, 11:16:20 AM »
Zygomaticmaxillary repositioning is not an uncommon surgery. Most of them are done to repair functional fractures. I’ve been looking at a few articles on it the past few days and blindness is not really mentioned. Same thing when I talked to Sinn about it.

surgeons will say anything to make you do the surgery like the surgeons claiming a lefort 3 isn't less dangerous than an implant around the eyes.

look at this cut in ZMR
the entire support for lower eyeball is cut, along with vital nerves.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2019, 02:08:39 PM »
surgeons will say anything to make you do the surgery like the surgeons claiming a lefort 3 isn't less dangerous than an implant around the eyes.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/m0QR9le.gif[/img

look at this cut in ZMR
the entire support for lower eyeball is cut, along with vital nerves.

DOesn't matter, as long as you stay away from the nerve.

forwardgrowth

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2019, 01:29:48 PM »
If someone has extreme midface deficiency is the best option  ZMC repositioning surgery, zygoma osteotomy, or MOD Lefort 3 a combination or multiple of those? Thanks

My goal is to move the zygomatic complex laterally 10mm and forward 10mm
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 01:43:43 PM by forwardgrowth »

beyondconfusedtbh

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2019, 06:18:14 PM »
Most likely the latter two, considering I've never heard of a ZMC repositioning done purely for aesthetics.