Author Topic: Running out of time and it’s about time I pull the trigger on surgery  (Read 3061 times)

Yyes

As the title states, I’m running out of time. I just turned 30 and want to improve my aesthetics with surgery but need advice. Dr Gunson suggested surgery. Here’s what his nurse wrote:

Dr Gunson surmised that you have “large mandibular bodies that can be reduced. The chin can be done with removal of the implant, this would allow some improvement of the cant and add some squareness.

Do you guys agree with this assessment? Or what do you guys think can improve my looks? I want to enjoy my looks for at least a few years before hitting 40. I have attached a pdf with pics so you guys can see what I mean.

I feel like jaw implants would make my face even wider.

But will shaving my jaw cause me to lose support, thus cause my skin to sag as the bone structure wouldn’t be there? I feel like my case is so complex. This is why I feel like every doctor I go to suggests different things.

What do you guys advice?

Heres the link

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rw4lerU1Ry82BUif6m0t7xIZEkngNA7A
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 05:42:38 AM by Yyes »

fulcanelli

• Private
Pretty tough call. You don’t look bad and there isn’t anything glaringly obvious to fix imo. Can you get a morph of how Gunson’s plan is supposed to turn out?

kavan

• Global Moderator
Convuluted head postures in the photos. Insufficient visual information for others to evaluate. Learn to take photos with proper head postures or use the ones the doctor took.

People who contort head postures to exaggerate a perspective for which others DON'T ususally see you in, IMO, will do that even after a surgery. Possible red flag for BDD.

If not BDD, the doctor might be assessing your complaint of excess facial bulk to a thick muscle. Muscles weaken/shrink with BONE LOSS. So, IF your excess face bulk is from too thick a masseter muscle (as opposed to too thick a FAT layer), then shaving your jaw might result in muscle shrinkage IF excess muscle is problem.

Did he tell you your excess face bulk was from muscle and NOT fat?
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

PloskoPlus

You want to change your phenotype. Not possible. You look fine as you are. You do look goddamn depressed in every single photo that you've posted.

Yyes

Pretty tough call. You don’t look bad and there isn’t anything glaringly obvious to fix imo. Can you get a morph of how Gunson’s plan is supposed to turn out?

Im not sure if I can get a morph from him but I can get a morph of what my desired outcome is. I will post here shortly.

Yyes

Convuluted head postures in the photos. Insufficient visual information for others to evaluate. Learn to take photos with proper head postures or use the ones the doctor took.

People who contort head postures to exaggerate a perspective for which others DON'T ususally see you in, IMO, will do that even after a surgery. Possible red flag for BDD.

If not BDD, the doctor might be assessing your complaint of excess facial bulk to a thick muscle. Muscles weaken/shrink with BONE LOSS. So, IF your excess face bulk is from too thick a masseter muscle (as opposed to too thick a FAT layer), then shaving your jaw might result in muscle shrinkage IF excess muscle is problem.

The reason I posted these pics is because this is what I look like in the real world per-se. None of that using angles, filtered bulls**t.

This is what I look like when I am not posing or looking for my 'best side' when taking a picture.

Yyes

You want to change your phenotype. Not possible. You look fine as you are. You do look goddamn depressed in every single photo that you've posted.

Not so much change my phenotype as hoping to improve it as much as I can. I have the money, I just need to know what the issue is to get it corrected.

kavan

• Global Moderator
The reason I posted these pics is because this is what I look like in the real world per-se. None of that using angles, filtered bulls**t.

This is what I look like when I am not posing or looking for my 'best side' when taking a picture.

You are CONTORTING head position in your photos. Use STANDARD photos for advice OR use the ones Gunson took.  Use contorted photos. Get a contorted opinion.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

ben from UK

As the title states, I’m running out of time. I just turned 30 and want to improve my aesthetics with surgery but need advice. Dr Gunson suggested surgery. Here’s what his nurse wrote:

Dr Gunson surmised that you have “large mandibular bodies that can be reduced. The chin can be done with removal of the implant, this would allow some improvement of the cant and add some squareness.

Do you guys agree with this assessment? Or what do you guys think can improve my looks? I want to enjoy my looks for at least a few years before hitting 40. I have attached a pdf with pics so you guys can see what I mean.

I feel like jaw implants would make my face even wider.

But will shaving my jaw cause me to lose support, thus cause my skin to sag as the bone structure wouldn’t be there? I feel like my case is so complex. This is why I feel like every doctor I go to suggests different things.

What do you guys advice?

Heres the link

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rw4lerU1Ry82BUif6m0t7xIZEkngNA7A

I think his assesment is right. Your face seems too broad from the front. But where is he going to shave the jaw? Is it the asian shaving off of the corners? That would be bad I think. You need shaving above jawangles.

It seems that you have too much fat as well. Start losing weight. Your mouth area and skin texture are not ideal neither

april

• Private
But will shaving my jaw cause me to lose support, thus cause my skin to sag as the bone structure wouldn’t be there?
Potentially. It's a valid concern. Can you ask him about it?

Maybe he will also do some lipo. Or the chin work will pick up some of the slack.

I've seen cases online where people have had bone reduced either from reducing their chin during DJS, or jaw angles/V line surgery and they ended up with less definition and a small double chin.

april

• Private
So, IF your excess face bulk is from too thick a masseter muscle (as opposed to too thick a FAT layer), then shaving your jaw might result in muscle shrinkage IF excess muscle is problem.

If it's the masseter muscle, you can just do botox for that.

Yyes

I think his assesment is right. Your face seems too broad from the front. But where is he going to shave the jaw? Is it the asian shaving off of the corners? That would be bad I think. You need shaving above jawangles.

It seems that you have too much fat as well. Start losing weight. Your mouth area and skin texture are not ideal neither

Thanks for the response. The problem is that I dont weigh alot. I am as fit as can be and according to people at the gym im at tip top shape, hovering around 13 percent body fat. I just have a round face.  But you raise a great question. Where would he shave? Because it has to be above my jaw angles.

Here are more accurate pictures along with morphs so you can get an idea of what I am going for.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1opyqj_DasD0AeKcrP21zx1KH3aStTZUT?usp=sharing

Yyes

You are CONTORTING head position in your photos. Use STANDARD photos for advice OR use the ones Gunson took.  Use contorted photos. Get a contorted opinion.

Fair enough. Ok I got some pictures up that are NOT contorted. Hope this helps.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1opyqj_DasD0AeKcrP21zx1KH3aStTZUT?usp=sharing

Yyes

Potentially. It's a valid concern. Can you ask him about it?

Maybe he will also do some lipo. Or the chin work will pick up some of the slack.

I've seen cases online where people have had bone reduced either from reducing their chin during DJS, or jaw angles/V line surgery and they ended up with less definition and a small double chin.

Exactly. Thats another one of my concerns. Here are some pictures that will show my face in a non distorted fashion. Hopefully you are able to see my concerns more clearly. In regards to the massetter, I tried that too and it didnt do much. I do have huge massetter muscles but the botox didnt help which was also super dissapointing. The only thing it did was paralyze my mouth.

Hopefully the pics below help.

PloskoPlus

Exactly. Thats another one of my concerns. Here are some pictures that will show my face in a non distorted fashion. Hopefully you are able to see my concerns more clearly. In regards to the massetter, I tried that too and it didnt do much. I do have huge massetter muscles but the botox didnt help which was also super dissapointing. The only thing it did was paralyze my mouth.

Hopefully the pics below help.
You don't look better, just different. All that shaving is going to do is turn your face from square to round possibly with loose skin.