Author Topic: How to fix an asymmetrical mouth/lips? [Pic included]  (Read 839 times)

tim06

• Private
How to fix an asymmetrical mouth/lips? [Pic included]
« on: July 06, 2019, 10:45:58 AM »
What is the best way to fix an asymmetrical mouth? As seen below in this pic this is my resting face, I am not moving a muscle and standing still. This flaw is so obvious that other people noticed it and asked me why it is like this. I visited two maxiofacial doctors who told me my occlusion is fine and to cope with my looks as there is nothing they can do for me. So I guess it is a soft tissue problem only.
If you look at my profile my upper lip is clearly protruding so I guess it would make sense to shorten it but is that even possible?

https://imgur.com/a/OgKmCxe

Lefortitude

Re: How to fix an asymmetrical mouth/lips? [Pic included]
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 11:33:11 AM »
speak to a plastic surgeon OR a maxfac who does purely cosmetic jaw surgery.  Alfaro does cases like this I believe. Fillers can help even you out too.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 04:33:03 PM »
So you don't have a cant to your jaws?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 07:56:19 PM »
Not sure. Maybe consult expert botox injector to weaken depressor corner of lip muscles.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

april

• Private
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 09:51:03 AM »
Did you have xrays or scans done when you saw those surgeons?

From the pic your nose looks asymmetrical too. So maybe one side of your face developed less/more than the other. I would triple-check you don't have a cant.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 10:03:13 AM »
The first step is getting a consensus on whether it is a muscle or bone problem.

To be honest, it doesn't bother me much. I see people like that all the time and just ignore it. I'm not saying don't look into fixing it if it bugs you, but I' am saying it probably bothers you a lot more than others. If someone commented to you about that it says more about them than you.
Millimeters are miles on the face.