Author Topic: Getting filler for more defined jawline and to hide chubby cheeks?  (Read 1388 times)

tim06

• Private
Please check the pic below, I have very chubby cheeks but I was never fat in my life. Actually I was very thin my whole life but I still got this f*cking fat cheeks and no jawline. I am already 24 and look much younger due to my fat cheeks. I already got a sliding genioplasty which was maybe the single best decision of my life. It improved my looks a lot from side and also from the front. However my cheeks and the lack of a proper jaw angle still bother me a lot do you think fillers like Radiesse could address that if I got them injected right at the angle of the mandible, so the outermost point on each side?

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Getting filler for more defined jawline and to hide chubby cheeks?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 08:30:21 PM »
I would try first a more dis solvable hyaluronic acid filler in the event you don't like it.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Lefortitude

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 07:47:05 AM »
im usually not a fan of masking bone deficiency with plastic procedures. it does work for some, though.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 10:34:59 AM »
Assuming you are in Europe, near Germany and Switzerland and also your prior saying you were not a candidate for bimax surgery, have you consulted with chin wing doctors in those areas about options to improve jaw bone structure and/or bone alterations to cheek area?

If so, what did they say?

CCW

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 05:44:32 AM »
You should consult with a decent jaw surgeon like Raffaini or Alfaro if you want to fix your issues.

djsbelgium

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 09:21:40 AM »
Do you have a deep bite?

lookism

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 02:28:06 AM »
i dont think it will a noticeable difference

but its cheap so why not just try it out

tim06

• Private
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2019, 04:12:33 PM »
i dont think it will a noticeable difference

but its cheap so why not just try it out

What would you recommend? My bite is fine and I already got a sliding genioplasty. So fillers or implants are my only options left.
A chin-wing osteotomy doesn't really give a good result either: https://www.pinterest.de/chinwingosteotomy/chin-wing-osteotomy/

fulcanelli

• Private
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2019, 02:02:00 PM »
I also don’t think fillers will give you the results you want. The advice to consult with the well regarded European surgeons is good if you have the stomach for serious surgery. As a less drastic suggestion, have you considered trying to grow a beard? I have now grown mine for 3 months and it’s made a huge difference (positive) to how I look.

ben from UK

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2019, 04:23:39 PM »
would say your phenotype makes you look younger but your skin makes you look older tbh. I remember you and you had better skin tone before. I don't know if a cw could help. Maybe. Otherwise you could go for implants.

Basically, your forehead is too long compared to rest of the face. First thing you could do is lowering your hairline and fill the upper sides. This could bring more harmony/balance to the face.

I dont think fillers could bring you the angularity, but I'm not a filler expert. I don't trust fillers for jaw angles.

IconVillage

• Private
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2019, 11:47:23 PM »
I think part of the reason for the excess cheek fat is because of the lack of vertical projection in the chin, mandible and lack of support in the cheekbones. I think a bimax would fix your issues and it would warrant another consultation if you were previously told you aren't a candidate for it. I feel like Gunson would definitely be able to find a workable plan for you and if you're in Europe, Raffaini also has great results. If you're unwilling or unable to do jaw surgery I think the best course of action would be a vertical lengthening genioplasty, possibly combined with wraparound jaw implants to add more verticality to the lower third and thus have the fat pads sag less. Filler is never a good idea in place of bone movements or implants.

djsbelgium

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2019, 04:25:05 AM »
I think part of the reason for the excess cheek fat is because of the lack of vertical projection in the chin, mandible and lack of support in the cheekbones. I think a bimax would fix your issues and it would warrant another consultation if you were previously told you aren't a candidate for it. I feel like Gunson would definitely be able to find a workable plan for you and if you're in Europe, Raffaini also has great results. If you're unwilling or unable to do jaw surgery I think the best course of action would be a vertical lengthening genioplasty, possibly combined with wraparound jaw implants to add more verticality to the lower third and thus have the fat pads sag less. Filler is never a good idea in place of bone movements or implants.

I agree with this one. He should post a side profile picture

ben from UK

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2019, 09:18:54 AM »

True. I don't think the chubby cheeks are the real problem neither. I agree there seems to be lack of vertical length.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2019, 10:46:15 AM »
True. I don't think the chubby cheeks are the real problem neither. I agree there seems to be lack of vertical length.

I think the OP (tim) has to isolate his problem(s), one at a time in terms of what bothers him more.

Like if the cheeks are truly chubby, trying to 'hide' that with FILLER to the jaw line can just result in a bulked out or CHUBBY jaw line where you're not really 'hiding' anything but rather MATCHING it up with another area that can be 'CHUBBED out'. Although fillers can be used to augment jaw line, they lose their 'sharpness' over time where they just end up looking BULKY. So, matching chub with MORE chub somewhere else just creates look of overall chub or bulk.

ISOLATION involves tackling ONE area at a time. So, if his cheeks bother him more and if they are really chubby, he can look into fat reduction modalities to reduce the chub providing of course, the chub is FAT they can target with what ever procedures they target fat with. (His homework to look into that. Not mine to list each possible one.)

Jaw area has little to do  with his chubby cheeks or just just say the perception of how the cheeks look. Although jaw area is an area that could be made better IN IT'S OWN RIGHT and he could probably get a nice jaw line area with well selected implants, doing so isn't going to make his chubby cheeks 'go away' even VISUALLY. Well articulated or 'robust' jaw lines just FRAME the rest of the face. So it depends what they are framing.

As to lack of vertical length, IF what is meant is length to the chin area, consider that in a sliding genio vertical length is LOST and horizontal advancement is GAINED.