Author Topic: Skull Evolution Article  (Read 2175 times)

GJ

• Administrator
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Post bimax

• Private
Re: Skull Evolution Article
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 05:41:39 PM »
I came across this on Medium the other day. Interesting stuff.

I was diagnosed with ADHD as a kid and took Ritalin for years. I wonder if my jaw had anything to do with it.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 04:39:15 AM »
Let's see... I have huge masseter muscles, fully erupted third molars and a sloped forehead. My nasal base is now way forward too.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 04:39:51 AM »
I came across this on Medium the other day. Interesting stuff.

I was diagnosed with ADHD as a kid and took Ritalin for years. I wonder if my jaw had anything to do with it.
Did jaw surgery improve your concentration?

Ithomiidae

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 05:50:31 AM »
[post removed for privacy]
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 08:19:57 PM by Ithomiidae »

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 06:02:51 AM »

It's hard to say definitively.  I do feel as though I am more fully rested in the mornings and I never feel the need to nap during the day whereas before I would sometimes fall asleep for a bit after work.  If I had to guess I'd say there have been some positive effects on concentration.

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 06:27:07 AM »

There was one user here who stopped with her ADHD medications after jaw surgery. Probably a long shot, but there is a chance.

Bowie

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2019, 10:06:41 AM »
I assume it’s just to do with getting more oxygen to the brain. I have been suffering from chronic rhinitis and now that I am on a strong steroid spray and can breathe better I can think much more clearly. Before, even simple words escaped me.

Kellybella

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 04:38:58 PM »
fascinating. Thanks for sharing :)

ben from UK

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 05:35:34 PM »
Techniques and standards of plastic surgery seem to become better and better. I've seen guys go from ugly to model tier, provided they go to the right surgeon. These past five years, I've seen amazing results. I've also seen bad results, but it's mostly due to bad surgeons. Also, bad results can be fixed as well (but it costs money). Things I couldn't imagine five years ago, are possible now. This is the best time ever in human history for people wanting to look better. When I look at female feminization surgery as well, some results are insane. I never thought these results were possible.

If you have the money, you don't have to stay ugly or average. It's becoming a choice now.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 08:59:25 PM »
Techniques and standards of plastic surgery seem to become better and better. I've seen guys go from ugly to model tier, provided they go to the right surgeon. These past five years, I've seen amazing results. I've also seen bad results, but it's mostly due to bad surgeons. Also, bad results can be fixed as well (but it costs money). Things I couldn't imagine five years ago, are possible now. This is the best time ever in human history for people wanting to look better. When I look at female feminization surgery as well, some results are insane. I never thought these results were possible.

If you have the money, you don't have to stay ugly or average. It's becoming a choice now.

oh man this sounds so optimistic, it makes me feel hopeful. what sorts of things specifically have you seen lately that are so advanced? and do you have any examples of botched results that have been fixed?

ben from UK

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2020, 03:21:09 PM »

oh man this sounds so optimistic, it makes me feel hopeful. what sorts of things specifically have you seen lately that are so advanced? and do you have any examples of botched results that have been fixed?

Yes, I personally fixed my botched results.

Well, let me state it like this:

For example, I always thought fillers were a scam. But I've seen amazing results. Probably the best results when it comes to angularity. I've also seen great osteotomy results, many great implant results, etc. I've always thought it's not possible to make a 7 or an 8 out of a 4 or 5, thinking aestehtics were too complicated to truly understand. But I've seen it. It's possible. Same for female feminization. Not a procedure I do, but I saw fantastic results. Some look more feminine than females.

So, my conclusion is: plastic surgery works really well if it's done the right way. Almost any flaw can be fixed nowadays.

But, on the other side: I still see horrible results as well. When I look at this program 'first dates', almost every woman looks worse than before after PS. It's a nightmare. Overdone lips, cheeks, forehead, nose, etc. Really bad work, bad taste. Just horrible. Same for alot of Hollywood actors and actresses. But if PS is done the right way, with the right surgeon, who truly understands aestethics, it can be a life changing thing and not a scam.

I also believe it can be a cure for mental illness, depression and anxiety in some cases. If someone isn't happy about his body, he goes to the gym. Nobody is against it. If someone isn't happy financially, he tries to get a better job. Everyone approves. If someone isn't happy with his face or some features, he has BDD/mental illness and must seek a psychologist. It's just not always true. Some people become happier with a better face. It's not always a mental thing. Also, some good looking people can be unhappy with parts of their face. And even then, trying to fix it, isn't always a mental thing or BDD.

Also, it costs money, but you don't have to be super rich to afford it. If you want to buy a Ferrari, you must be a millionaire. If you want to buy a new face, you can be a student. With some hard work, you can earn enough to pay for it. If you had a botched job, it's going to be more difficult (mentally and financially), but many things can still be fixed by the right surgeon. People just have to be careful for scammers. There are too many scammers in this field and the way to combat scammers is to bring them out of their cosy dark office and just expose their botched jobs. They must feel the pressure to reach high standards, or else they won't give a s**t. Secondly, knowledge is extremely important. Surgeons as well need to know what works and what doesn't work. For the first time, knowledge is spread online nowadays, rapidly. Ten years ago, you couldn't find any true experience or knowledge, it was all advertising from plastic surgeon's sites. Now, people share their experience online and share technical knowledge, like on this board. It's very important to improve the field. 

PloskoPlus

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2020, 01:29:24 AM »
Well... no surgery can change the shape of the eyes - the most important feature, or change the spacing of the features in any meaningful way... and they can’t even grow back hair...