Author Topic: Has anyone on the forum had surgery/consultation with Dr. Joan birbe Foraster?  (Read 2883 times)

biterelapse

going for a consultation next month about possibly having double jaw orthognagtic surgery

I was wondering if there are any birbe patients here who can tell me about their experience with this guy.

GJ

• Administrator
Is Birbe the guy from Spain?
He used to post here. Seemed like a really nice guy (spoke with him on email a few times, too). Not sure how he is as a surgeon.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

biterelapse

He used to post here. Seemed like a really nice guy (spoke with him on email a few times, too). Not sure how he is as a surgeon.

yeah he has a consult in barcelona, spain. most of his cases are not jaw surgery i think judging by his youtube videos . he does a lot of wisdom teeth, plastic surgery of the face and nose surgery. 

i really liked his calmness in his youtube videos , seems like a nice person

biterelapse

were you considering getting a consult with him ? 

GJ

• Administrator
were you considering getting a consult with him ?

No, he used to post here and we just got to talking on email.
He seemed authentic and nice. As far as his surgery, I have no idea, but maybe you'll get lucky and someone here used him.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Lefortitude

I had heard good things about him a LONG time ago when i first started researching surgeons (maybe 2016ish).  Cant remember why i didnt look any further, though.  I think if you like the results hes produced, feel hes being authentic,  have a good consult, then he would be a good option. 

Remember to ask how many jaw surgery he does per year, and what his complication rate is.

Dogmatix

• Private
I consulted with him. I agree he seems like a very nice guy and how fast they responded in the beginning really impressed me and nice chat in the video consultation. I remember him saying something like he can do 2cm of pog advancement, and I was like, well, maybe too much :). But it seemed like he was not very interested in going into details and discuss or share his view of my concerns etc. The nurse contacted after a while and I responded I was still interested, but added that I would want a more in depth consultation where we look at my cbct etc, she should forward it to him, but again no response.

I follow him on instagram. It's a lot of different procedures, not only jaw surgery. I'm not a very big fan of the results my self.

biterelapse

I consulted with him. I agree he seems like a very nice guy and how fast they responded in the beginning really impressed me and nice chat in the video consultation. I remember him saying something like he can do 2cm of pog advancement, and I was like, well, maybe too much :). But it seemed like he was not very interested in going into details and discuss or share his view of my concerns etc. The nurse contacted after a while and I responded I was still interested, but added that I would want a more in depth consultation where we look at my cbct etc, she should forward it to him, but again no response.

I follow him on instagram. It's a lot of different procedures, not only jaw surgery. I'm not a very big fan of the results my self.

did he have your CBCT, cephs, and other scans when you consulted him ?     why did you feel he didnt want to go in depth about this ?

« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 06:30:56 AM by biterelapse »