Author Topic: Rate my Custom jawline implant by maxillofacial surgeon  (Read 22498 times)

ben from UK

Re: Rate my Custom jawline implant by maxillofacial surgeon
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2019, 12:07:29 AM »
Models typically don't have beautiful faces. The whole idea behind modelling is that the person's body should not distract viewers  from the clothes they're wearing, as their job is to show off the clothes. They don't employ people with a face or body that would attract viewer's attention, no matter how handsome / beautiful or 'hot' the person is. They want tall, lean people with a certain type of face - nothing stands out, no unusual nose, teeth, eyes etc. A lot of average people are much more attractive in real life than models, it does not mean anything about attractiveness that someone could not get a job as a model. For the record, I'm pretty sure OP could be a male model if he wanted to, if he has the height and physique for it (which is actually much more important for modelling than the face).

Most important for male modeling is lower third (height as well of course). Almost all models have the angular jaw, good chin and most of them have good cheekbones as well. If you have these three, you can get away with other facial flaws.

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2019, 02:09:48 AM »
Most important for male modeling is lower third (height as well of course). Almost all models have the angular jaw, good chin and most of them have good cheekbones as well. If you have these three, you can get away with other facial flaws.

Oh now I see what you mean by model looks - it's true, however, this does not necessarily make a guy handsome or good looking, maybe just average (not ugly, not handsome). On the other hand, there are plenty of men who don't have these features and are still considered attractive by the majority of women, regardless of the fact they would not be selected for modelling work. Which is why I don't think it's a good idea for loads of guys to go out and get jaw surgery / implants to try to get the angular jaw etc. - on some people such as the OP this looks good, on others it would just look unnatural.

cjQ

« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2019, 04:38:02 AM »
Most important for male modeling is lower third (height as well of course). Almost all models have the angular jaw, good chin
And this is your own (biased) perception of male attractiveness, right? ever heard of guys like Lucas Machado or Luca Fersko? Most agencies I know of have this type of guy in their mainboards.

Anyway, the majority of (attractive) women are dating totally average, even under-average dudes, look-wise. They don't give a sh*t about jaw angles, lower thirds, whatever.. haha.. This thread is hilarious <3
When asked to choose between a MM-dude with plain personality & average-looking dude with interesting personality, 8 out of 10 women are going to chose the latter, especially long-term.
Male incel brains are not able to comprehend this ("guy must be rich or have enormous d*ck!?") because they lack the most important feature that attracts (attractive) women- PERSONALITY!   
Again: this thread is hilarious!       

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2019, 05:27:37 AM »
the most important feature that attracts (attractive) women- PERSONALITY!

I'd say that's a typical sexist assumption / expectation - women go for personality, men go for looks. Some men like to think this way because they're sure they have a great personality (obviously!) and they feel entitled to have a good looking woman as a partner and need some justification for that (it's 'natural' for men to go for looks, but if a woman is interested in looks she's shallow). In my experience men and women are equally interested in both looks and personality when it comes to a relationship. For hook ups, both genders are obviously mostly interested in looks, so if men want to be more successful at pulling women in clubs and that sort of thing, it makes a lot of sense for them to try to improve their looks.

Plus, looks are not only important for attracting partners. Better looking people are treated better in many areas of life including work etc. So I don't think it's pointless or shallow to discuss what makes people look attractive in general. Just like with many other things though, it's possible to take it too far and become obsessed with which is not helpful.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2019, 07:16:43 AM »
Models typically don't have beautiful faces. The whole idea behind modelling is that the person's body should not distract viewers  from the clothes they're wearing, as their job is to show off the clothes. They don't employ people with a face or body that would attract viewer's attention, no matter how handsome / beautiful or 'hot' the person is. They want tall, lean people with a certain type of face - nothing stands out, no unusual nose, teeth, eyes etc. A lot of average people are much more attractive in real life than models, it does not mean anything about attractiveness that someone could not get a job as a model. For the record, I'm pretty sure OP could be a male model if he wanted to, if he has the height and physique for it (which is actually much more important for modelling than the face).

Totally disagree.  In general, models are selected to be models because they are highly attractive in face and body and would be considered 'beautiful' or 'extremely handsome'. They are 'off the charts' in the looks department in terms of standing out from 'average' and that includes their faces. Also, agencies like it when they have a minor flaw or something unusual to the face when the whole gestalt gives them a 'striking' appearance or yield a dynamic element, all of which adds up to highly attractive.

THAT'S the very thing that ATTRACTS people to the designer clothes they're sporting, beauty, grooming product or whatever. It's their good looks that basically sell the products they are modelling. If it were really a thing as you say where their body or looks should not distract the viewer from the clothes they're wearing, the cloths could be put on mannequins or shown on hangers with no model.

It's all part of SUBLIMINAL ADVERTISING where the product they are selling is SUBLIMINALLY associated with the striking looks of the models.  On a subconscious level, the average person wants what the model has--the looks--and that is a BIG FACTOR in people buying the products. It because they associate the product with beauty. These people would look good wearing a burlap flour sack.

For the most part, as to the face of a MM, it's the EYES that are the deal maker with the modeling agencies; the horizontally wide and vertically narrow eyes where rest of bone structure is a frame for that.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2019, 07:28:18 AM »
Totally disagree.  In general, models are selected to be models because they are highly attractive in face and body and would be considered 'beautiful' or 'extremely handsome'. They are 'off the charts' in the looks department in terms of standing out from 'average' and that includes their faces.

We have to agree to disagree then :). I won't go into details but it so happens that I personally know quite a few people that work in modelling and that's not my experience, but it's pointless arguing about something like this.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2019, 07:51:24 AM »

Actually, most important for MM is the EYES; the long 'hunter eyes' or close to it. The rest of bone structure, including the lower '1/3rd' is basically the FRAME.

For example, this guy has excellent lower 1/3rd and great rest of bone structure. But NOT the EYES for the whole 'gestalt' of the MM.

Clearly, Adriana Lima, a super model, found him attractive. But for most part MMs are selected to be highly attractive to OTHER MEN because that's whom they are SELLING to (modelling products to buy).

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2019, 08:02:22 AM »
Dang his eyes are way too near-set too, that's unfortunate.  He would be far more attractive otherwise.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2019, 08:11:54 AM »
Agree with Kavan. The OP looks good, but as I said, objectively his eyes are too close. He'd never be a male model because that is too distracting and actually produces anxiety to look at. Much more so than asymmetry or lower thirds off, etc. Despite that, he looks good and should go enjoy life at this point. The majority of people have to have flaws, by definition, for the minority of flawless people to stand out.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2019, 08:19:55 AM »
Anyway, the majority of (attractive) women are dating totally average, even under-average dudes, look-wise. They don't give a sh*t about jaw angles, lower thirds, whatever.. haha.. This thread is hilarious <3
When asked to choose between a MM-dude with plain personality & average-looking dude with interesting personality, 8 out of 10 women are going to chose the latter, especially long-term.
Male incel brains are not able to comprehend this ("guy must be rich or have enormous d*ck!?") because they lack the most important feature that attracts (attractive) women- PERSONALITY!   
Again: this thread is hilarious!     

This is reality.
Looks are a quick in where the woman might say to herself "He's hot yada yada", but if she talks to him and he sucks it's over for him. Unless he has the other traits that they actually find attractive (e.g. not lionizing her/putting her on a pedestal, keeping her on guard, humor, intelligence, etc). Then the looks augment things, and he becomes magnetic.

Incels are essentially people who want to be so hot it covers their personality flaws. That will never happen because if you are insufferable nobody will want to be around you for any meaningful length of time no matter what you look like. At least not in any healthy way --you'll wind up getting broken women.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2019, 08:45:22 AM »
We have to agree to disagree then :). I won't go into details but it so happens that I personally know quite a few people that work in modelling and that's not my experience, but it's pointless arguing about something like this.

Agencies select models for their striking appearance; run-way, or glossy magazine photographs and for most part to appeal to SAME sex they are selling to eg. GQ models to appeal to men and VS models to appeal to women. If the market segment they are meant to appeal to did not find them highly attractive, the products would not sell.

So, in effect, it's the 'visual experience' of the MARKET SEGMENT they are meant to be attractive to when showcasing products (eg. in mags, runway etc.) that matters.

Sometimes, it's different story when you see them in person as the 'larger than life' striking appearance can look a bit odd in person.

sal123

« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2019, 08:54:26 AM »
Actually, most important for MM is the EYES; the long 'hunter eyes' or close to it. The rest of bone structure, including the lower '1/3rd' is basically the FRAME.

For example, this guy has excellent lower 1/3rd and great rest of bone structure. But NOT the EYES for the whole 'gestalt' of the MM.

Clearly, Adriana Lima, a super model, found him attractive. But for most part MMs are selected to be highly attractive to OTHER MEN because that's whom they are SELLING to (modelling products to buy).

this is a very similar situation in which I’m in, but whose eyes are much more close set his or mine ?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2019, 09:36:09 AM »
This is reality.
Looks are a quick in where the woman might say to herself "He's hot yada yada", but if she talks to him and he sucks it's over for him. Unless he has the other traits that they actually find attractive (e.g. not lionizing her/putting her on a pedestal, keeping her on guard, humor, intelligence, etc). Then the looks augment things, and he becomes magnetic.

Incels are essentially people who want to be so hot it covers their personality flaws. That will never happen because if you are insufferable nobody will want to be around you for any meaningful length of time no matter what you look like. At least not in any healthy way --you'll wind up getting broken women.

The irony about the MMs (also applies to the FMs) is that they are chosen specifically to be attractive to the SAME sex. So, it's what the SAME SEX find highly attractive and thereby ASSOCIATE the product with  (usually FASHION items). What the same sex would want in themselves.

For example, MALES find the MMs highly attractive. Let's face it, guys are the Gandy fappers. The irony comes in when they associate looking like Gandy (or another MM in that venue) as key factor for women dropping at their feet. Well, the fashion industry wants them to have that sort of connection. Like the industry KNOWS that GUYS want what Gandy (or other MM) has--their looks-- and from there the subliminal association is made as in 'Buy these clothes and you will have what the MM has and be attractive to women.'

Like a guy might not find a female fashion model 'hot'. She might not have what he's wanting in a female, eg. lot's of curves. But the FM is there to appeal to what WOMEN  want on some level.
Similarly, a woman might not be selecting a guy based on his looking like a MM. But the MM is selected by fashion industry to appeal to something that MEN want where they make the ASSOCIATION of having that is what females want.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2019, 09:40:48 AM »
this is a very similar situation in which I’m in, but whose eyes are much more close set his or mine ?

His. As I said prior, yours have a contour to the upper lid fold that DEFLECTS and offsets not being 'long'. I don't think yours are really close set though. It's just not the MM 'hunter eye'.

ETA: Close set is when there is less than 'one eye' between the eyes. So, not having a horizontally long and vertically short 'hunter eye' does not mean eyes are close set.  MMs have large inter-pupil distance because they have (at least) one hunter eye between the other 2 hunter eyes.

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2019, 09:46:56 AM »
Sometimes, it's different story when you see them in person as the 'larger than life' striking appearance can look a bit odd in person.

That's what I mean. You need to look a certain way to look good in photos, on the catwalk etc. My experience is that many people that would never get work in modelling look as good or better than models in real life.