Author Topic: Any insights or thoughts into Dr. Kater in Frankfurt, GER?  (Read 2482 times)

Kadath

• Private
Any insights or thoughts into Dr. Kater in Frankfurt, GER?
« on: December 14, 2019, 07:08:00 PM »
His name recently came up in a discussion I was having outside this sub. His site is very accessible and in multiple languages. I’m still in the research and consultation phase and have a surgeon in mind I will likely go to, but wanted to ask if anyone has ever heard of this guy?

Gadwins

• Private
Re: Any insights or thoughts into Dr. Kater in Frankfurt, GER?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 08:42:31 PM »
Honestly, he is not a surgeon where you want to have an aesthetical surgery. If you just have an recessed bottom jaw, ok. But anything else is not recommended. He can only do jaw and chin surgery, but nothing else. Also he doesn't do any CCW and almost only linear jaw surgery. So many of his patient get a very broad nose and he can't correct it.

His consultation is only about supposed health issues. He trys to frighten you, if you don't get any jawsurgery, then you jaw joint will be wrecked up.

I was there 3 times, because as a german citizen, everybody knows him, because he does really A LOT of jaw surgery. But he is only famous, because of his agressive marketing strategy. His results aren't really special. If you just have simple aesthetical issues like, weak chin, recessed bottom jaw, then go to him. Anythingelse go for somebodyelse.

By the way: He is not in frankfurt, but in bad homburg, that is a city not far away from frankfurt.

ArtVandelay

• Private
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 08:59:35 PM »
On his website it says he does 349 bimax surgeries per year:

https://www.dysgnathie.de/en/assets/pdf/Statistik_2018.pdf

That's an unbelievably high rate

Kadath

• Private
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 12:46:44 AM »
Thank you for the thorough response. I really appreciate it. Obviously someone that can’t do ccw rotation is someone I likely won’t go further with.