Author Topic: How do you guys deal with the mental aspect of beauty?  (Read 4951 times)

ben from UK

How do you guys deal with the mental aspect of beauty?
« on: January 26, 2020, 06:12:12 PM »
There seems to be alot of pressure nowadays on beauty and how your face looks. I personally really have difficulties to deal with it, even though my face is better than before. I'm in my 30s. I thought this bulls**t about looks would be gone in my 30s, but after the procedures I've done it's even more ingrained in my mindset. Due to these procedures, I'm even more focused on looks it seems, cause I lived isolated due to botched jobs, and I had to prepare myself every time mentally and focus on my face and the procedures. And now, the whole ageing thing gives me more pressure as well. Before the procedures, I was aware of my looks etc., but there were periods I could cope with other things. Now, the only cope that's left is a woman saying I look good. Things have been narrowed down. I'm also bombarded by media and forums about the importance of looks. I don't visit these lookism forums etc., but there was a time I did and this bleak, dark perspective about the world and human interaction is something that matched my already existing worldview. I know that women find other things important in men as well, especially status/social proof, but I have very little status and almost no social circle. Can't just create status out of thin air. Going to the club (I went there last week) seems pointless without a s**tton of social proof (or looking really good). 95 percent of men walk into the club without women (very little social proof), 80-90 percent of them go home without one. And let's be honest, most men just want to find a girl when they're out, mostly just to have sex.

It's just a difficult time I guess. I'm also not mentally and emotionally stable because of environmental pressure, or because of my own fcked up emotional system, it's a chicken or egg thing. It's just what it is. I feel the pressure constantly. I have a decent job, own house, I earn well. It could have been worse, but still, there's this overall dissatisfaction about how life is and how it went. Trying to fool myself doesn't work quite well. We all need some coping in life, but it's difficult to cope. I do have a girlfriend, but she's 4years older than me and married. I'm not in love with her, I do appreciate her, she's really nice and emphatic to me, but I want but just can't do better than her even though I look (much) better than her. The fact she's cheating on her husband complicates things as well.

Going on Tinder seems to be a hell as well, judging by what people say. A friend of mine is on Tinder and he really has to put some crazy pics to pull: shirtless pics, pics with other women, pics of him traveling and with a nice car, pics with a dog, etc. Some stupid superficial bulls**t. I know how it is: fake it till you make it, whether it's looks, personality or portraying some fake interesting life.

I know, from another perspective: this is life, it's a ratrace, it has never been different, just accelerated. Maybe I should just drop everything and leave to a place where nobody gives a fck about material stuff. From what I see, some men are just pushed out of the dating market. I personally don't believe in love anymore. Yes, it exists as an emotion, but it can't exist without certain natural preconditions. I lost my naivity.

Then there's the option of drugs. I know drugs work, especially coke. It's also fake of course. Fake a great mindset and low inhibition. I'm really tempted to use drugs again. It seems like the shortest way to attract women as well (besides looking like a male model, but I'm decent looking, just okay, not more than that).

I don't know, it just all seems so depressing. And then you have people that say: 'just be yourself'. That might seem like the best advice if it wasn't the most difficult thing to achieve. I'm not myself. I already changed my looks, so I will never be my real self anymore. My inner self is fcked at the moment too. I won't say I'm depressed, more like anxious. Anxiety is such a terrible emotion, but it's part of me on a daily basis. Throwing the extreme focus on looks out of my mindset is throwing 80 percent of me out of me, if you understand what I mean. Still, it makes me sick sometimes. This whole ratrace, whether it's about looks or money or whatever. But I have no choice than to hop on the ratrace or live like that ancient greek that lived in a barrel.

The women I currently see doesn't give much about looks. Well, some imperfections make her insecure, but it never stays in her mind for a long time (at least, that's what she says). Some people just don't give a sh*t about it, making me think there's something wrong with me. I know there is something wrong with me, but I sometimes wonder how much of it is caused by my own crazy mindset or by the environment and just how absurd life is and me being aware of the crazyness of things. 

This post is starting to look like a rant. Well, it probably is :) main question is: how do you deal with this beauty-pressure mentally? How do you deal with the procedure(s) you've done?

GJ

• Administrator
Re: How do you guys deal with the mental aspect of beauty?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 09:02:31 PM »
It sounds like you might be trying to attract the wrong types of women. There are plenty of nice, attractive women who would like what you just wrote, for the honesty and dark humor of it. Go for them. Play the hand you're dealt instead of pining for a hand you wish you were dealt.
Good luck. You sound in despair.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

ben from UK

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 09:30:20 PM »
It sounds like you might be trying to attract the wrong types of women. There are plenty of nice, attractive women who would like what you just wrote, for the honesty and dark humor of it. Go for them. Play the hand you're dealt instead of pining for a hand you wish you were dealt.
Good luck. You sound in despair.

It sure is.

I think I don't care about a woman's personality anymore. People are actors nowadays. I just don't even know who they are in this grand scheme of things. I'm an actor as well, probably. I wouldn't say I care about women's looks so much too. I see good looking women and I just don't give a sh*t about how they look. They eat, sleep and s**t like me. Won't say my anxietylevels are low enough to talk to them, cause I know I'll get blown out if I don't come in superconfident and sharp, and my ego just can't handle it.

But okay, I have to figure out the solution myself or get filtered out of existence like many men before me. Maybe I should use my dark humour like you said.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 05:05:47 AM »
I'm pretty loathe to direct guys to the red pill subreddit because certain aspects of it are so toxic, but it really sounds like some of their self-improvement/dating strategies could help you out.

Honestly it sounds to me like your biggest problem is a fair amount of social isolation.  A lot of guys fall into this trap after college and into their 30s because there's no organized structure like school or sports to create social situations for us.  A lot of us descend into isolation via work, videogames, etc.  Even obsessively pursuing an interest like lifting or starting a business can leave us socially adrift.  I know for damn sure that if I didn't get lucky living around friends from school that also happen to be very social, I'd be much closer to a situation like your own.  I'm just not the sort of person that goes out of their way to make friends or set up events or social gatherings.  In a different situation, my personality would be a recipe for loneliness and despair.

Have you tried joining some social activity outside of work like a sports team, hobby or some athletic activity?  There was a time a few years ago my outlook was looking pretty bleak like yours, so I took up Thai boxing and organically formed a social group with the people from my gym. It made the world of a difference. My outlook toward other people, including women, improved drastically.  Things I obsessed about before sort of faded in importance as I developed relationships with other people. 

That's all not to say I don't care about looks anymore- I definitely do.  It's just that this blackpill ideology that resonates so strongly when you're in a place of isolation begins to look pretty immature when you improve your situation.  The blackpill purports to show reality for what it is with no sugarcoating, but really turns out to be like a first-year philosophy student pointing out some banal truth that everybody has already moved past for a reason.  Like "love is really just biology, it's just cells and hormones and neurotransmitters; it's not anything real".  Okay, thanks edgelord.  Now let's talk about the actually interesting thing which is the human experience of love and the meaning it grants us that makes life worth living.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 07:20:03 AM »
begins to look pretty immature when you improve your situation.

Bingo.
Everyone goes through a dark phase, but being aware it's only that is key, and then having the self-awareness to come up with a plan out of it.
To answer the OP's question: I deal with the mental aspect by paying it no mind. Give yourself a full plate and then focus on the daily tasks at hand, becoming better at xyz, life, personality, etc. Learning how to give rather than take. Learning how to enjoy people rather than envy. Etc. I think age helps a lot with all this. Around mid-30s something should click and the final remnants of immaturity gone. Though, Bi-Max, you and I have gotten into some spats, so I guess it's not all gone! There's always something to work on...
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 08:19:24 AM »
Bingo.
Everyone goes through a dark phase, but being aware it's only that is key, and then having the self-awareness to come up with a plan out of it.
To answer the OP's question: I deal with the mental aspect by paying it no mind. Give yourself a full plate and then focus on the daily tasks at hand, becoming better at xyz, life, personality, etc. Learning how to give rather than take. Learning how to enjoy people rather than envy. Etc. I think age helps a lot with all this. Around mid-30s something should click and the final remnants of immaturity gone. Though, Bi-Max, you and I have gotten into some spats, so I guess it's not all gone! There's always something to work on...

I'm in my mid 20s so I've still got some flexibility per your timeline

Tomasjohn

• Private
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2021, 12:18:22 PM »
Speaking to other people (not on the internet) usually helps me, because they are always like WTF. Most oft them just don't care that much - and are happy (or care about other things)!

Other than that, i can not relate.

Dutcherhatcher

• Private
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2021, 11:50:16 AM »
If you dont mind me aaking, how did you get out of the implant situation you had?

mindwitch

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2022, 01:14:46 PM »
There seems to be alot of pressure nowadays on beauty and how your face looks. I personally really have difficulties to deal with it, even though my face is better than before. I'm in my 30s. I thought this bulls**t about looks would be gone in my 30s, but after the procedures I've done it's even more ingrained in my mindset. Due to these procedures, I'm even more focused on looks it seems, cause I lived isolated due to botched jobs, and I had to prepare myself every time mentally and focus on my face and the procedures. And now, the whole ageing thing gives me more pressure as well. Before the procedures, I was aware of my looks etc., but there were periods I could cope with other things. Now, the only cope that's left is a woman saying I look good. Things have been narrowed down. I'm also bombarded by media and forums about the importance of looks. I don't visit these lookism forums etc., but there was a time I did and this bleak, dark perspective about the world and human interaction is something that matched my already existing worldview. I know that women find other things important in men as well, especially status/social proof, but I have very little status and almost no social circle. Can't just create status out of thin air. Going to the club (I went there last week) seems pointless without a s**tton of social proof (or looking really good). 95 percent of men walk into the club without women (very little social proof), 80-90 percent of them go home without one. And let's be honest, most men just want to find a girl when they're out, mostly just to have sex.

It's just a difficult time I guess. I'm also not mentally and emotionally stable because of environmental pressure, or because of my own fcked up emotional system, it's a chicken or egg thing. It's just what it is. I feel the pressure constantly. I have a decent job, own house, I earn well. It could have been worse, but still, there's this overall dissatisfaction about how life is and how it went. Trying to fool myself doesn't work quite well. We all need some coping in life, but it's difficult to cope. I do have a girlfriend, but she's 4years older than me and married. I'm not in love with her, I do appreciate her, she's really nice and emphatic to me, but I want but just can't do better than her even though I look (much) better than her. The fact she's cheating on her husband complicates things as well.

Going on Tinder seems to be a hell as well, judging by what people say. A friend of mine is on Tinder and he really has to put some crazy pics to pull: shirtless pics, pics with other women, pics of him traveling and with a nice car, pics with a dog, etc. Some stupid superficial bulls**t. I know how it is: fake it till you make it, whether it's looks, personality or portraying some fake interesting life.

I know, from another perspective: this is life, it's a ratrace, it has never been different, just accelerated. Maybe I should just drop everything and leave to a place where nobody gives a fck about material stuff. From what I see, some men are just pushed out of the dating market. I personally don't believe in love anymore. Yes, it exists as an emotion, but it can't exist without certain natural preconditions. I lost my naivity.

Then there's the option of drugs. I know drugs work, especially coke. It's also fake of course. Fake a great mindset and low inhibition. I'm really tempted to use drugs again. It seems like the shortest way to attract women as well (besides looking like a male model, but I'm decent looking, just okay, not more than that).

I don't know, it just all seems so depressing. And then you have people that say: 'just be yourself'. That might seem like the best advice if it wasn't the most difficult thing to achieve. I'm not myself. I already changed my looks, so I will never be my real self anymore. My inner self is fcked at the moment too. I won't say I'm depressed, more like anxious. Anxiety is such a terrible emotion, but it's part of me on a daily basis. Throwing the extreme focus on looks out of my mindset is throwing 80 percent of me out of me, if you understand what I mean. Still, it makes me sick sometimes. This whole ratrace, whether it's about looks or money or whatever. But I have no choice than to hop on the ratrace or live like that ancient greek that lived in a barrel.

The women I currently see doesn't give much about looks. Well, some imperfections make her insecure, but it never stays in her mind for a long time (at least, that's what she says). Some people just don't give a sh*t about it, making me think there's something wrong with me. I know there is something wrong with me, but I sometimes wonder how much of it is caused by my own crazy mindset or by the environment and just how absurd life is and me being aware of the crazyness of things. 

This post is starting to look like a rant. Well, it probably is :) main question is: how do you deal with this beauty-pressure mentally? How do you deal with the procedure(s) you've done?

Most women will overlook a man's appearance for a great personality. Try joining clubs and traveling. Stop obsessing over women so much and stay away from a married woman.thats why your so miserable your blocking any good karma helping a woman cheat on her husband