Author Topic: unhappy with results from surgery  (Read 4281 times)

beautyislife

unhappy with results from surgery
« on: March 10, 2020, 05:54:49 PM »
have another thread about additional projection after jaw surgery, so if this is too much, I can consolidate.
I had double jaw surgery with grafting to my cheeks 4 weeks ago. I am thankful there have been no complications so far but am unhappy with the outcome.

My unhappiness I think stems from the following:
- Upper face looks too wide due to what I think are the cheeks. This is making my lower third look really small despite having both jaws moved forward.
- Both jaws don't seem to have been advanced enough. This is especially true for the lower jaw which might just be a case of not a strong enough genio because my chin looks really small and recessed. I jut my jaw forward and it looks much better from the side profile
- Front profile just looks off/strange with the length/cheeks/jawline
- Upper lip is flat still, but this could very well be due to swelling
-eyes look too setback

I have other concerns, but I think I understand why those things turned out the way they did and other items like my nose, I knew I'd need a rhinoplasty anyway.

I feel like this was not worth it but also know it's my fault because my bone structure isn't the greatest to work with, so I couldn't really count on a cosmetically appealing result. I've mostly been reading up on revision cases and other procedures like implants or the chin wing (doubt any doc could do this given the bsso cut), but I'm not sure how effective those would be. Just feel this is now an even longer road to getting where I wanted to be.

*willing to share pictures via message, prefer to keep them off the board for now.

GJ

• Administrator
Re: unhappy with results from surgery
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 08:55:29 PM »
If you want, email me some records.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

beautyislife

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 03:44:16 AM »
If you want, email me some records.

I sent a message on here, hopefully that's ok. I don't have my post op ceph/x-rays yet however.

beautyislife

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 11:58:22 AM »
it's been 6 weeks now. I think I'm even more unhappy now that the swelling is gone as it looks like from my profile view things are still recessed.

Pipilika

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 12:08:31 AM »
where have you udergone surgery?what country ,what surgeon?
Have you had ZSO also,cause you had told about face too wide..
 Could you send me in my inbox pics before after?