Author Topic: Chin wing Vs Wraparound jaw implant  (Read 4638 times)

Hopeless Incel

Re: Chin wing Vs Wraparound jaw implant
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2020, 12:20:15 PM »
Present Face

Hopeless Incel

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2020, 12:26:48 PM »
I'm attaching two morphs. Is the morph achievable?
I like Gonial Angles at oral Commissures
You can correct me

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2020, 12:33:16 PM »
I didn't suggest one thing or the other to you. I suggested that although implants (custom) can be placed over osteotomies there would be no need to get the osteotomy if you were to later get an implant BECAUSE the implant would address the desired widening. Hence, you must choose one or the other.

I can't tell you the 'exact' risks to you specifically as to one over the other. But the doctor is telling you risks (unfavorable fracture) with the chin wing is higher than it would be in someone with a 'virgin' area. So, if you are OVERLY FOCUSED (which you are) on ANY risks with an implant and enough so you're only focusing on the potentially NEGATIVE things with an implant and not the potentially POSITIVE things that could mean you'd be willing to take the chance of a higher risk of an unfavorable fracture in order to avoid the risks you associate with implants. That's called 'risk aversion' when someone is MORE afraid of one thing than the other EVEN IF the risks with either would be equal.

DECISION MAKING UNDER UNCERTAINTY.

In decision making analysis, it is something where one needs to make a decision in the absence of CERTAINTY where the exact outcome can't be predicted and the risks inherent in one choice over the other can't be removed in order for the decision maker to decide between 2 choices yet wants NEITHER to have ANY risk at all. So, this is not something where there is CERTAINTY of neither having any risk at all before you decide. Inherently, it's a decision made under UNCERTAINTY.

Decisions made under uncertainty often involve something called RISK AVERSION on the part of the risk taker. Now, risk aversion is NOT a scientific measure of the degree of risk. But rather, it's a matter of what could be considered 'irrational' or 'emotional' fears; what someone is more afraid of or AVERSE to.

For example, someone who's very risk averse to implants would choose bone cut procedures to avoid all the risks of implants and it wouldn't matter to them if the risks of the implant infection were low and the pay-off of better aesthetic result were high.  That's what risk aversion is.

Conversely, someone who's very risk averse to bone cutting procedures for fear of unfavorable fractures would choose implants over bone cuts and it wouldn't matter to them that the bone cuts could give a better outcome over implants. That's what risk aversion is.

You seem to be MORE risk averse to implants than bone cut procedures. But it's not something where I can predict the 'exact' risk of possible later down the line infection with implants FOR you. What I can tell you as to implants is that infection with MEDPORE would be harder to remove if infection, which is one of the reasons, silicone is chosen because it's easier to remove. Conversely, you seem to be LESS risk averse to an unfavorable fracture via the bone cutting chin wing procedure. Like you kind of know that risk is there but your FOCUS is implant infections and bloated results. Hence you are more RISK AVERSE to implants than the bone cuts.

Again, the doctor told you your risks with the chin wing are higher (assumption being higher than someone with a 'virgin'/ no prior bone cut to work through). BUT he can't remove that risk FOR you to decide totally in favor of the chin wing. IF you were MORE risk averse to unfavorable fractures, you would be expressing worry over that and want to avoid that risk by getting implants which usually don't come with the risks of unfavorable fractures.

That said, given that the risks of EITHER can't be removed FOR you, the question becomes one of WHICH risk would you like to avoid MORE; the risk of an unfavorable fracture with a bone cut or the risks you associated with implants.

Basically, the doctor doesn't have a definite CERTAINTY to convey to you as which choice would be better (because BOTH have inherent risks). He's telling you your risk for unfavorable bone fracture is higher and letting you choose the one you are LEAST risk averse to. Hence, he will do one or the other.

Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2020, 12:54:48 PM »
By the way....when I address an INITIAL question, it's not meant to be an 'invitation' for me to evaluate all correspondence you have with doctors, whether or not this or that doctor can produce the results in your morph, eradicate all risks associated with one surgery over the other or otherwise provide you with ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY.

Hopeless Incel

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2020, 01:03:30 PM »
Yes, it's not an invitation for you to evaluate all the correspondence. It's more like providing the complete information all I had and gathering opinions from the knowledgeable

Hopeless Incel

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2020, 02:01:44 PM »
Yes, I'm more risk averse to implants now. But before joining any forums and listening to an infected implant experience, I was risk averse to Osteotomies because I already had one and experienced the irregularity which led me to a revision. And regarding my side profile my upper lip is kinda overlapping on my lower lip. From the front my upper lip looks upturned. Can that be corrected with upper jaw surgery?
Also are my jaws recessed? Do I need bimax?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2020, 04:14:09 PM »
Yes, I'm more risk averse to implants now. But before joining any forums and listening to an infected implant experience, I was risk averse to Osteotomies because I already had one and experienced the irregularity which led me to a revision. And regarding my side profile my upper lip is kinda overlapping on my lower lip. From the front my upper lip looks upturned. Can that be corrected with upper jaw surgery?
Also are my jaws recessed? Do I need bimax?

I think you look good and you don't look recessed.  Male models have a combination of distance relationships which are rare to have and for the most part can't be bought which is why they are models. This isn't one of those 'PSL' sites where recession is based on not having what a male model has.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2020, 06:06:30 PM »
Your face does look more narrow, but it actually looked overly wide before. Now it looks very balanced. You look pretty great. Not sure why you're messing around with more procedures unless I'm missing something.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Hopeless Incel

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2020, 10:07:15 PM »
The main reasons for the Surgeries I'm opting are
1. Wraparound jaw implant to cover up my osteotomy irregularity because after my Genioplasty, my chin didn't blend well with the Jawline behind. It looked like a new chin had been attached.
2.Bimax because my upper lip is turned upward and protruding/overlapping on my lower lip which I believe needs rotation of my upper jaw
As far as lower jaw is concerned I need my jaw to be advanced so that my chin should be exactly equal to or inline with the nose and not behind the nose when observed from a profile view

PloskoPlus

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2020, 03:38:46 AM »
Do you really want an lip which hangs down vertically? Yes upper jaw surgery can make it happen. It’s called chimp lip.

Hopeless Incel

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2020, 05:12:22 AM »
Hangs down vertically?? Sorry I didn't get you. Can you post some pics like that. I don't want a chimp lip

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2020, 08:58:18 AM »
You are a really good looking guy now, definitely better than average. The morphs you posted here do not look any better than your current looks, in fact they look weird and unnatural. You will never look like those male models simply because you have a different kind of face - any doctor that tells you he will make you look like that is lying and just wants your money. You don't look worse than them, you look different. No doctor with any medical ethics that cares about anything else than money is going to break your jaw bones the third time just to make you look more like a male model.
You should stop reading weird plastic surgery forums, stop looking at yourself in the mirror quite so much and focus on something else in life.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2020, 11:48:45 AM »
Models have a type of structure that can't be bought/constructed via surgery. Attempts to do so will just result in looking in the mirror afterwards and asking; 'Why don't I still look like a model after all this surgery?'

Why? Because models have overly large HEADS/skulls for their body giving them a wider EAR TO EAR distance that is NOT going to be re-created via any surgeries and they have horizontally 'long' eyes as in a 'larger than life' inner to outer canthal distance with one of those long eye widths between them. Those things GO WITH their forward faces and excellent bone structure to the jaws. So, the entire GESTALT of a model is contingent on the very things that can't be reproduced via surgery.

Wanting to look like a model or 'have what the model has' is actually not too different from buying all the clothes that the model is hired to 'sell' by the designers where the act of BUYING the things they are modelling doesn't make one look like the model either. It's like that.

Lestat

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2020, 12:37:23 PM »
I dont know why people always think the aim should be to look like a male model.
The aim should be to look better!
And thats surely possible!

Hopeless Incel

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2020, 02:41:41 PM »
Firstly I welcome all the suggestions,Opinions & criticisms.i believe they should be backed my some basic theories, experiences or proofs.i have never mentioned (in the whole thread) that I want to look like a male model which even I believe is not possible. I have never posted a model pic that I want to look like. I just posted a morphed pic that too done by me which is nothing but widening my jaw (I'm not that great when it comes to morphing).I really don't understand till now WHY
1.Fixing my post osteotomy irregularity
&
2. Widening of Gonial Angles (that too not dramatic) equal to my bizygomatic width

LOOK LIKE A COSMETIC SURGERY AIMING TO ACHIEVE MODEL LOOK