Author Topic: Embarking on potential jaw surgery journey: advice, tips with consultations, etc  (Read 2789 times)

eg.1999

Doesn't look like they will touch.

They’re actually touching in my mouth right now! My teeth have flared in a bit so I imagine when they open up they’ll touch

eg.1999

Hi all,

I have literally just realised I think I am born without wisdom teeth?

I was counting my botttom teeth (I didn’t have premolars extracted here) and essentially I’ve realised my second molars haven’t erupted properly... they are hidden underneath gummeaning my wisdom teeth probably aren’t even there...

That means on my upper jaw what I thought were my wisdom teeth are actually just my second molars...

What does this mean? does this mean I’ll have to expand my mandible and maxilla? This is all so crazy

kavan

• Global Moderator
Hi all,

I have literally just realised I think I am born without wisdom teeth?

I was counting my botttom teeth (I didn’t have premolars extracted here) and essentially I’ve realised my second molars haven’t erupted properly... they are hidden underneath gummeaning my wisdom teeth probably aren’t even there...

That means on my upper jaw what I thought were my wisdom teeth are actually just my second molars...

What does this mean? does this mean I’ll have to expand my mandible and maxilla? This is all so crazy

It could mean you're more highly evolved. https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/evolution/no-wisdom-teeth1.htm
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

kavan

• Global Moderator
To this, I would add, it would be best for you to just CONSULT with a maxfax to determine if the back molars teeth presented any issues with doing a surgery. The back lower molar does very much look like where one would find a wisdom tooth (which they like extracted before a surgery because it can interfere with cut) and the top back upper molar could be in way of maxillary cut. Hence, it would be best to consult to see IF those things presented limitations to performing a surgery.

It could mean you're more highly evolved. https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/evolution/no-wisdom-teeth1.htm
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

eg.1999

I’ll definitely do that.

I am however considering getting a distractor installed on my left side instead to match the growth of my right side as I am pretty sure I have a real mild form of hemifacial microsomia