Author Topic: How long before you feel back to normal?  (Read 1897 times)

Suchislife

How long before you feel back to normal?
« on: May 02, 2020, 07:25:47 PM »
Hey,

For those who are post Bi-max or similar, what procedure did you have and how long did it take for you to feel like your normal self again, did you ever?

For example, do you eventually get to a point where you can rest the weight of your head on your hand/chin without any unusual sensation?

If anyone knows of posts talking about this topic on this forum plz link as well. Found a couple of remarks but surprisingly not many.

Thanks,

ArtVandelay

• Private
Re: How long before you feel back to normal?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 08:49:41 PM »
I had surgery with pretty bad complications (needed a version one week later) and my surgeon used the Reagan era technique of wiring my jaw shut after revision for almost 3 months (losing maybe ~50 pounds peak to through). Even after this I for sure felt fine 6 months after surgery, the human body is amazing at adapting and recovering.

Gadwins

• Private
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 01:19:03 AM »
If I may use this topic also for the follow Questions: Does somebody do here some powerlifting or bodybuilding or extreme hiking with heavy weights or marathon (any kind of extreme sport) and had some bone grafting from the hip (or jawsurgery, chin surgery, zso...)? Did you ever come back to your normal power level? How long did it take?

Suchislife

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 06:27:44 PM »
I had surgery with pretty bad complications (needed a version one week later) and my surgeon used the Reagan era technique of wiring my jaw shut after revision for almost 3 months (losing maybe ~50 pounds peak to through). Even after this I for sure felt fine 6 months after surgery, the human body is amazing at adapting and recovering.

Damn I thought you were gonna say something bad at the end. So fortunate. Would feel blessed everyday for the rest of my life to get through with no side effects from DJS.   :)

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 06:30:56 AM »
I feel about 95% normal except for some lingering nerve sensitivity on the right side of my chin.  But it's barely noticeable at all.

I definitely could rest my jaw in my hands, but I usually don't.  Probably more of a mental thing though.  Like if you had a serious injury somewhere, you would always be more sensitive about that spot even after you're fully healed.

Gadwins

• Private
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 06:02:51 AM »
Depends how you are. I feel myself after 2 days, because I drink a lot of calorie drinks. It was not a bimax, but still had a long surgery.