Author Topic: Recommendation for achieving better face harmony  (Read 2335 times)

simonsjaw11

Re: Recommendation for achieving better face harmony
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2020, 04:28:27 PM »
Can't see pics now.. but from what you described, if the maxilla is protruded, why can't you have Le fort I moving it backwards instead of advancement?

Also, three jaw surgery seems to be ideal only for bimax protrusion, how can you tell the recessed lower jaw actually have a protrusion?

I have a similar problem with you am going to consult with some doctors this summer.

Mrtn

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2020, 10:37:16 PM »
Can't see pics now.. but from what you described, if the maxilla is protruded, why can't you have Le fort I moving it backwards instead of advancement?

Also, three jaw surgery seems to be ideal only for bimax protrusion, how can you tell the recessed lower jaw actually have a protrusion?

I have a similar problem with you am going to consult with some doctors this summer.

I'm not an expert but here is what I think:

It's probably impossible to move the mandible forward and the maxilla backward at the same time if your bite is normal? Since the teeth should be aligned, not only the jaws.
That's it was suggested to do a rotation in my case because it would eliminate the forward movement of the maxilla. But maybe it's possible to move backwards, I have no clue.

simonsjaw11

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2020, 03:29:34 PM »
That makes sense, if having normal bite + class II jaw, that might be a complex issue...unless you want to sacrifice function to face appearance...

I also did some research on Korean three jaw surgery or mouth protrusion surgery, as far as their tech sounds advanced, but I haven't found any result as drastic as those top traditional surgery results...so I'm kinda hesitant...

Mrtn

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2020, 06:51:10 PM »
That makes sense, if having normal bite + class II jaw, that might be a complex issue...unless you want to sacrifice function to face appearance...

I also did some research on Korean three jaw surgery or mouth protrusion surgery, as far as their tech sounds advanced, but I haven't found any result as drastic as those top traditional surgery results...so I'm kinda hesitant...

I asked a Korean surgeon about this issue, and he told me they do CCW rotation. I think mouth protrusion surgery alone won't do much if any of your jaw is underdeveloped. If your only problem is protrusion, then it might be a solution.

What is appealing is the price and the surgery first approach in Korea, but I'm hesitant about it too. However I think most of these surgeons have a tons of experience, which is a good thing.

simonsjaw11

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2020, 04:05:28 PM »
I asked a Korean surgeon about this issue, and he told me they do CCW rotation. I think mouth protrusion surgery alone won't do much if any of your jaw is underdeveloped. If your only problem is protrusion, then it might be a solution.

What is appealing is the price and the surgery first approach in Korea, but I'm hesitant about it too. However I think most of these surgeons have a tons of experience, which is a good thing.

Oh that's good to hear, which doctor did you consult with? There are so many hospitals to choose from in Korea...Also, does the doctor speak English?

Mrtn

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2020, 06:58:39 PM »
Oh that's good to hear, which doctor did you consult with? There are so many hospitals to choose from in Korea...Also, does the doctor speak English?

I was talking with 'EU dental' in Seoul, their costumer service was the most appealing so far and their price seems reasonable. I'm not sure about their surgeons name but there is information on their website.