Author Topic: So freakin' sad  (Read 5139 times)

Lefortitude

So freakin' sad
« on: August 28, 2020, 06:51:41 AM »
I've given up on surgery for now.  5 years of research and flying around the world for consults, all for nothing.

Everything in my life is going well, so why risk jaw surgery? some vain attempt at improving my social status in an easy, quantifiable way? 

I see the average person out in public walking around with their normally formed jaws and teeth and I envy it.  I need to accept that an aesthetic face is something I may never have.  Can I be happy having small backward slanty jaws?  Can I handle aging terribly once my soft tissue sags and theres no jaw there to support it? 

Im otherwise super healthy, have a good job, great family, great girlfriend.  Why are my deformed jaws all i think about?

Maybe one day I will have sleep apnea and need jaw surgery, but for now, im going to have Invisalign and hope it improves my aesthetic a little.

f**k its really disturbing my peace. 

thanks for listening.

Dopesaint

Re: So freakin' sad
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 04:59:26 PM »
Why did you give up on surgery? 5 years is a lot of time spent researching, what’s stopping you from getting the surgery?

Gadwins

• Private
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 01:16:34 PM »
It is hard to be perfect in almost everything, but not in everything. Try to enjoy life in other subjects. I had a surgery with a great result and sometimes I think, was it worth? I have no complication, I do again the same things like before surgery. A Surgery is not a life changer. Not for us non-deformed people.

beautyislife

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 04:46:02 PM »
I had surgery and am still not content with results and am seeking more. However, for me, the decision was I'd much rather attempt to achieve my aesthetic goals rather than sit and think 'what if' for years on end.

IconVillage

• Private
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 05:49:01 AM »
I had surgery and am still not content with results and am seeking more. However, for me, the decision was I'd much rather attempt to achieve my aesthetic goals rather than sit and think 'what if' for years on end.

What facets are you not content with in regards to your surgery? Sloppy outcome/not enough advancement?

Lefortitude

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 11:43:27 AM »
Why did you give up on surgery? 5 years is a lot of time spent researching, what’s stopping you from getting the surgery?

Health and longevity is more important to me than aesthetics.  I have a good life, and i want to experience it in good health.

Cant help but wonder how much better my life "could" be...

Lefortitude

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 11:44:15 AM »
It is hard to be perfect in almost everything, but not in everything. Try to enjoy life in other subjects. I had a surgery with a great result and sometimes I think, was it worth? I have no complication, I do again the same things like before surgery. A Surgery is not a life changer. Not for us non-deformed people.

Thanks Gadwins, i remember discussing with you many years ago.  im glad your surgery went well.  Thanks for your very valuable insight.

beautyislife

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2020, 05:02:15 PM »
What facets are you not content with in regards to your surgery? Sloppy outcome/not enough advancement?

I don't think I got enough advancement, and the grafting material on my cheeks is far too low. Those are my main concerns, the rest of my unhappiness a single jaw operation could not have fixed.

DRIVVEN

• Private
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2020, 10:58:27 AM »
I don't think I got enough advancement, and the grafting material on my cheeks is far too low. Those are my main concerns, the rest of my unhappiness a single jaw operation could not have fixed.

How are you doing now?

beautyislife

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2020, 05:35:28 AM »
How are you doing now?

Still have the same concerns. I don't think a second double jaw surgery is worthwhile. I am seeking a chin wing + rhinoplasty to hopefully address most of my unhappiness as I can't do much about the cheeks.

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2020, 06:13:04 PM »
You are better off without it, surgery is a rabbits hole of problems that eat up your life. The net benefit is often negative and the oppertunity cost almost always is. Focus on other things

PloskoPlus

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2020, 08:10:36 PM »
Look on the bright side. You now have a secret superpower to understand why someone looks off. It's a pretty useless superpower, but hey it's something.