Author Topic: best male result I've seen  (Read 3123 times)

simonsjaw11

best male result I've seen
« on: September 12, 2020, 01:45:39 PM »
Hi all,
https://imgur.com/a/4ZgN6Ll
Just came across an excellent male patient result online, it's really a life-changing result. I found this on a paper, not sure who did this case tho. The resource is here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2212440315010767

Anyone happen to know which surgeon did this?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 03:20:41 PM by simonsjaw11 »

needbiggerboat

Re: best male result I've seen
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 08:44:19 PM »
crazy how subjective beauty is.

I think everything about him looks better in the before photo except for the chin... and I would rather be chinless than have that transformation.

the fullness around his eyes, the relationship of his nose to the rest of the face, his fullness of cheeks, the fluffy lip pillows... all that was so much better looking in the before, and it's like it melted away.

I don't know how much of that is influenced by the different color tones in the photos causing the skin to look like completely different colors/people, and the fact that his wavy vibrant hair is so much better looking in the before photo than the straight dull looking hair in the after photo.... but he really looks to me like he had his soul sucked out and is now just hollow and lifeless, but he's got a chin, so win I guess?

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 10:19:29 PM »
Yeah that's an incredible result.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 12:58:03 AM »
I would rather be chinless than have that transformation.

the fullness around his eyes, the relationship of his nose to the rest of the face, his fullness of cheeks, the fluffy lip pillows... all that was so much better looking in the before, and it's like it melted away.

I'm not trying to be mean but if that's the case, jaw surgery might not be such a good idea for you? Clearly you're a lot more concerned about minor soft tissue changes than objective improvements to the jaw structure.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 03:02:14 AM »
He looks far better after.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 09:06:59 AM »
The article lists authors. Most likely the senior surgeon (b) in conjunction with those he's teaching.

Anyone happen to know which surgeon did this?
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

needbiggerboat

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2020, 03:23:30 AM »

I'm not trying to be mean but if that's the case, jaw surgery might not be such a good idea for you? Clearly you're a lot more concerned about minor soft tissue changes than objective improvements to the jaw structure.

Good tip guy. Seems you forgot some people still get jaw surgery because multiple orthos say thats the only treatment option to fix functional issues... not everyone seeks this out solely for aesthetic reasons. If it's unavoidable for function, might as well consider aesthetics as well tho.

And in regards to the photos for this specific case I'm speaking on aesthetics only, since i cannot tell based on a picture if his bite/function/breathing has improved (im sure it has) but visually all I see is a guy who looked really vibrant before and now a guy that looks gaunt after.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 04:10:43 AM »
I'm no jaw surgery booster, by any means. But he looked like a sickly weakling before surgery.

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2020, 05:07:58 AM »
Good tip guy. Seems you forgot some people still get jaw surgery because multiple orthos say thats the only treatment option to fix functional issues... not everyone seeks this out solely for aesthetic reasons. If it's unavoidable for function, might as well consider aesthetics as well tho.

And in regards to the photos for this specific case I'm speaking on aesthetics only, since i cannot tell based on a picture if his bite/function/breathing has improved (im sure it has) but visually all I see is a guy who looked really vibrant before and now a guy that looks gaunt after.

I'm not a guy, I'm a girl and I can tell you that if this guy in the photos starts asking for girls' numbers in a bar after surgery, he will get a lot more of them than he would have gotten before. As for the rest of your post - you said and I quote: "I would rather be chinless than have that transformation". So you, yourself said you'd rather not have the surgery if this was the result (and this is objectively a very good result). This is why I am telling you, for your own benefit, that you might want to consider if this is really for you. I have had the surgery recently so I can tell you from experience, changes to your face really mess with your mind even if you are lucky enough to get an objectively good outcome that improves your function. You have to decide for yourself if you're mentally ready for this, that's all I'm saying.

summer

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2020, 07:34:36 AM »
This has to be lighting

I really don't know why you'd trade that for being chinless anyway

You can just get implants/filler if it really is the case

Dopesaint

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2020, 08:13:01 AM »
I'm not a guy, I'm a girl and I can tell you that if this guy in the photos starts asking for girls' numbers in a bar after surgery, he will get a lot more of them than he would have gotten before. As for the rest of your post - you said and I quote: "I would rather be chinless than have that transformation". So you, yourself said you'd rather not have the surgery if this was the result (and this is objectively a very good result). This is why I am telling you, for your own benefit, that you might want to consider if this is really for you. I have had the surgery recently so I can tell you from experience, changes to your face really mess with your mind even if you are lucky enough to get an objectively good outcome that improves your function. You have to decide for yourself if you're mentally ready for this, that's all I'm saying.

I've heard of this before as well, I'm assuming you had a good transformation, are you having issues identifying yourself in the mirror?

Im wondering because I think my changes will be drastic, CCW DJS+Genio and seeing my surgeons before and after with similar befores as mine makes me think that.

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2020, 09:06:17 AM »
I really don't know why you'd trade that for being chinless anyway

You can just get implants/filler if it really is the case

Exactly. I mean I also have something going on with my cheeks that I don't like since the surgery but there's no way I'd rather still have a gummy smile and no chin just because of that.

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2020, 09:31:49 AM »
I've heard of this before as well, I'm assuming you had a good transformation, are you having issues identifying yourself in the mirror?

Im wondering because I think my changes will be drastic, CCW DJS+Genio and seeing my surgeons before and after with similar befores as mine makes me think that.

Life is not so black and white, 'good or bad'. I am only two months post op so it's early days but so far it looks like I'm one of the lucky ones that's supposed to look 'better' rather than 'worse' or 'just different' according to most people; but your face is not a dress that if you get a nicer one you'll just forget about the old one and walk away happy.

I do not have issues 'identifying myself', not really sure what that even means lol, I mean I am me regardless of what my face happens to look like. But obviously having your major facial bones broken, seeing your face swollen up and bruised like a monster, not knowing what you will end up looking like for months on end, having to come to terms with a different face - both for you and all the people around you - this is not a good process psychologically for sure. It might be worth it, yes, so far I think it was worth it for me but is it good or easy for your mental health? Definitely not.

I think it's important to have a good starting point mentally, as well as a good support network, because I can easily see how jaw surgery can mess with someone's mental health, even if they have a 'good' outcome and that cannot even be guaranteed. It is not like they put you to sleep and you wake up and look 'better' and everyone is happy and you walk away, there's a lot more to it than that.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2020, 11:46:22 AM »

If you are speaking of 'aesthetics only', your preference here would be considered outside of goals a surgeon aiming for good aesthetics would have.

Here's the SAME image transformed into a CONTOUR diagram so that visual CLARITY of the PROFILE CONTOUR can be better appreciated subsequent to the REMOVAL of visual CONFUSION.

In terms of AESTHETICS, the last profile contour diagram would be considered an example of good aesthetics WITHIN the FIELD of maxfax surgery. Whether or not this particular profile contour is achievable for each person will depend on what they start off with. Suffice to say, this patient's start point allowed for an excellent after profile contour.

Surgeons, ESPECIALLY those who are conversant in techniques and practices of optimizing the bite (FUNCTION) with good aesthetics (FORM), PLAN out surgery with reference to an OPTIMIZED profile CONTOUR. The end point profile contour is an example of one.

So, there are a few possible problems here:

1: Inability to EXTRACT the SALIENT information from a photo which is the PROFILE CONTOUR.

2: Actual preference for a profile contour of the before.

Which is it?

ETA: Diagram included with this post.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

needbiggerboat

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2020, 12:03:17 PM »
If you are speaking of 'aesthetics only', your preference here would be considered outside of goals a surgeon aiming for good aesthetics would have.

Here's the SAME image transformed into a CONTOUR diagram so that visual CLARITY of the PROFILE CONTOUR can be better appreciated subsequent to the REMOVAL of visual CONFUSION.

In terms of AESTHETICS, the last profile contour diagram would be considered an example of good aesthetics WITHIN the FIELD of maxfax surgery. Whether or not this particular profile contour is achievable for each person will depend on what they start off with. Suffice to say, this patient's start point allowed for an excellent after profile contour.

Surgeons, ESPECIALLY those who are conversant in techniques and practices of optimizing the bite (FUNCTION) with good aesthetics (FORM), PLAN out surgery with reference to an OPTIMIZED profile CONTOUR. The end point profile contour is an example of one.

So, there are a few possible problems here:

1: Inability to EXTRACT the SALIENT information from a photo which is the PROFILE CONTOUR.

2: Actual preference for a profile contour of the before.

Which is it?

Yeah I get it, you have your own idea of what looks good.. but maybe lay off with the absolutism since we are in a sub-forum marked specifically as "aesthetics", which by the nature of the word will always come down to subjective opinions. Based on that you can consider this type of post as nothing more than a 1-10 rating on "would I coitus". Again, my subjective opinion of this specific case is he looked better before, that's "which one it is".