Author Topic: Does HA Paste turn into your own bone, can any implant material do this?  (Read 1816 times)

dardok

I'm seeing conflicting reports of this on this forum, some people seem to say yes, other people say no, it doesn't and can get infected later on.

I want to get cheek augmentation and I'm looking at my options, I want something permanent with no infection rate.

Is there any material that does turn into your own bone?

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Does HA Paste turn into your own bone, can any implant material do this?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 07:31:22 PM »
I'm seeing conflicting reports of this on this forum, some people seem to say yes, other people say no, it doesn't and can get infected later on.

I want to get cheek augmentation and I'm looking at my options, I want something permanent with no infection rate.

Is there any material that does turn into your own bone?

no and no

beautyislife

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 06:43:18 AM »
I have HA paste on my cheeks. I personally do not like how they turned out. It sits far too low and it makes the eye area look "detached" / setback

aestheticseeker

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 07:10:32 AM »
radiesse filler is a lot better than HA paste imo

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 06:34:10 AM »
radiesse filler is a lot better than HA paste imo

They aren't interchangeable. Radiesse is temporary and HA is permanent. I am personally really glad that my doctor applied some HA paste during my DJS, otherwise my labiomental fold would be ridiculously deep and I would have to get fillers every 6 months for the rest of my life. I never had any problems with the HA paste.

aestheticseeker

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 03:29:15 PM »
i disagree with radiesse being temporary due to the fact that it stimulates collagen and there are reports of it being visible on cbct way after a couple years... Ive had this done myself so i know.

Anyways even if it does go away its better due to the fact that you can keep having it done as you age so it continues to look right unlike the shotty HA paste jobs we see happen

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2020, 02:39:05 AM »
i disagree with radiesse being temporary due to the fact that it stimulates collagen and there are reports of it being visible on cbct way after a couple years... Ive had this done myself so i know.

Anyways even if it does go away its better due to the fact that you can keep having it done as you age so it continues to look right unlike the shotty HA paste jobs we see happen

I have / had both HA paste and fillers, and just had a CBCT done and neither of them are visible on it lol. Anyway, HA paste might not be a good choice for cheek augmentation, I would not choose it myself for that area, based on what I've been reading here. I have had fillers in differents parts of my face over the years and they always dissolve within a year or two maximum in my experience.

Lefortitude

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2020, 12:49:33 PM »
I wrote a thing about HA paste a while back on some research i found on the topic.

http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php/topic,7733.msg69636.html#msg69636

aestheticseeker

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2020, 02:08:26 PM »
I have / had both HA paste and fillers, and just had a CBCT done and neither of them are visible on it lol. Anyway, HA paste might not be a good choice for cheek augmentation, I would not choose it myself for that area, based on what I've been reading here. I have had fillers in differents parts of my face over the years and they always dissolve within a year or two maximum in my experience.

You're saying fillers but are you talking about radiesse...

LeFort 3000

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2020, 08:08:03 PM »
how expensive is HA paste? it it also something ridiculous like 250$ per ml? by the way, fillers dont show on ct, only radiesse because it consists of calcium particles or smthng

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2020, 01:47:28 AM »
how expensive is HA paste? it it also something ridiculous like 250$ per ml? by the way, fillers dont show on ct, only radiesse because it consists of calcium particles or smthng

I have no intention of answering you after your aggressive comment on my other thread.

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2020, 01:48:34 AM »
You're saying fillers but are you talking about radiesse...

I think it was Juvederm but can't remember honestly.

aestheticseeker

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2020, 11:38:54 AM »
I think it was Juvederm but can't remember honestly.

Ofc you can't see juv on a cbct lol