Author Topic: Discussing my surgical plan with my surgeon  (Read 498 times)

djsbelgium

Discussing my surgical plan with my surgeon
« on: April 22, 2021, 02:47:23 PM »
I have an issue that concerns me a lot. I have a surgery date which I'm very happy about, but I found out that by standard, the surgical plan is shown 2 days before the surgery by an assistant.
This concerns me because I like to know all the details about the surgery before I lay down to get operated, obviously i care about the aesthetic outcome of the surgery. Furthermore I'd like to possibly give feedback on the surgical plan if that is possible.

My surgeon is very popular in my country and is a very busy man. I understand that his time is valuable, but I believe the surgical plan should be discussed with the patient, by the surgeon. I see him at the 'work-up' appointment where the pictures and CBCT is taken. What should i say/ask so he might discuss the surgical plan with me? I think my best bet would be to say that i consider cheekbone work but I would like to hear his opinion after the surgical plan is made (the midface might appear too flat if the jaws are brought forward and such).