Author Topic: Aesthetically-minded maxillofacial surgeons in Norway?  (Read 1993 times)

Marbleking

Aesthetically-minded maxillofacial surgeons in Norway?
« on: September 23, 2021, 08:51:33 AM »
Hi,

I have booked a consultation with an orthodontist in order to have my situation reviewed, and to get a referral to the publicly run center of excellence for jaw surgery. The need for jaw surgery and possible coverage through the national healthcare system will almost certainly be evaluated on a strictly functional basis.

I recently had an online consultation with Professor Federico Hernandéz Alfaro, who arrived at the following diagnosis:

* Facial Asymmetry
* Maxillo-mandibular retrusion
* Long Face Syndrome
* Possible airway compromise or Sleep Apnea (to be confirmed)

These are the proposed surgical steps in the treatment plan:

1. Maxillary surgery for advancement will be performed with minimally invasive Le Fort I approach and fixation with two performed mini plates.

2. Cross suturing of the nasal muscles will prevent deleterious effects on the nose traditionally associated with a Le Fort I osteotomy.

3. Mandibular surgery will consist of a bilateral sagittal split osteotomy with advancement and counterclockwise rotation. Fixation will be done with hybrid technique.

My question to the forum is:

Does anybody know of any excellent maxillofacial surgeons operating in Scandinavia, preferably Norway, who tick as many of the following "boxes" as possible:

1. Aesthetically minded
2. Utilise modern and precise (3D) planning and (minimally invasive) execution
3. May operate on a private basis
4. Are affordable

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Best regards,
Marbleking

Dogmatix

• Private
Re: Aesthetically-minded maxillofacial surgeons in Norway?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2021, 04:11:24 AM »
I think you'll have a hard time finding a private surgeon in scandinavia. Scandinavia have a culture of only doing orthognatic surgeries within the public health care system. I can't speak for all the countries, but I know for sure it's impossible in some of them.

Marbleking

Re: Aesthetically-minded maxillofacial surgeons in Norway?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 04:32:44 AM »
Thanks for your reply, Dogmatix.