Author Topic: how common are lips that are rolled inwards after genioplasty?  (Read 1733 times)

lookism

how common are lips that are rolled inwards after genioplasty?
« on: October 28, 2021, 06:53:07 AM »
https://www.realself.com/question/utah-ut-fixing-botched-genioplasty-step-offs-ruined-jawline

"I had a genioplasty done almost 10 years ago, it has left me with a huge bony bulge on my left jawline (that is not soft tissue, it's a hard bony bulge) and big notches on both my right and left jawline. The right side also has a large bulge (this one is soft tissue) just in front of the big notch. The genioplasty also left my lower lip rolled inward. I've searched around but haven't found much by way of solutions to make my jawline straight again. Can anyone please advise? Thank you!"

how could the genioplasty roll her lips inward? bad stitching?

also here i read that genioplasty normally doesnt affect the lower lip?

"1) It will NOT bring the lower lip position forward. Lower Lip position is primarily controlled by the lower teeth. Thus the only procedure that will bring the lower lip forward is a sagittal split mandibular osteotomy (orthognathic surgery) which pulls the whole lower jaw forward with the teeth. A sliding genioplasty is a bone cut beneath the lower teeth which moves the chin bone but does not change the bite relationship or move the lower teeth forward."

https://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/can-a-sliding-genioplasty-bring-the-lower-lip-forward/

needadvancement

Re: how common are lips that are rolled inwards after genioplasty?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 12:21:42 PM »
I think the issue is with a bigger SG, when the lengthened chin pulls the lower lip downwards and to compensate for this, the lower lip tries to remain a closed mouth by rolling inwards.

That's what I've heard about lip issues and SG. Even with my own small sg(4mm forward & 4mm downwards) my lower lip rolled in a bit. For me that was a plus because I did not like how low my lower lip hung down naturally.

lookism

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 11:14:21 PM »
I think the issue is with a bigger SG, when the lengthened chin pulls the lower lip downwards and to compensate for this, the lower lip tries to remain a closed mouth by rolling inwards.

That's what I've heard about lip issues and SG. Even with my own small sg(4mm forward & 4mm downwards) my lower lip rolled in a bit. For me that was a plus because I did not like how low my lower lip hung down naturally.

what means SG?

needadvancement

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 02:11:28 AM »

lookism

lookism

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2021, 10:34:32 AM »

also the stitches can pull inward i assume