Author Topic: Lack of bone structure and asymmetry  (Read 1617 times)

Femto

Lack of bone structure and asymmetry
« on: December 09, 2021, 07:25:18 PM »
Hello,

My main concerns are : jaw asymmetry ; lack of lateral posterior width ; long and broad chin ; general bad proportions
I think I have some kind of hemimandibular hyperplasia/elongation or microsomia, chin pointing on the side lacking of jaw
What would be the best and less invasive way to correct it? Do I really need orthodontics before surgery regarding the scans?

Chin is too pointy and broad. But I can’t figure out if it’s the lack of lateral width that makes it appear that way or maybe the disharmony is coming from my lips proportions.
I want more roundness and feminine smooth jaw
Also I think my mentolabial sulcus angle is too acute
On the first picture you can see under certain lights that I have no bone structure, when I take a little weight I have jowls and marionettes lines
What is the best solution to achieve my aesthetic goals and have more harmony, implants and chin reduction? Lips plasty + fat grafts?

https://imgur.com/a/kTa5ibg

Sorry for my English

eastcoastian1

Re: Lack of bone structure and asymmetry
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 05:03:04 PM »
Um, your jaw and bite look great. Looks like textbook body dysmorphia to me. Sorry.

downwardgrowth

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2021, 10:42:57 AM »
jaw is top 20% at least, but i do see the asymmetry

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2021, 12:01:50 PM »
Um, your jaw and bite look great. Looks like textbook body dysmorphia to me. Sorry.

Yes.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Tomasjohn

• Private
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2021, 12:46:08 AM »
I think you look good, even more so if one could see the whole face. But I see the asymmetry. For me the asymmetry is most visible in the mandible.

A possible solution for your aesthetic goal could be a form of chin wing where they only lower one side / limited segment of the mandible body. This is used sometimes for correction of asymmetry also without any advancement of the chin.

You can find many examples of this online. I included two examples and maybe they help to understand what I mean. Those are the ones I was able to find just this moment. You can find more examples if you look for them.

First example: https://pyramide.ch/pyramide/media/pyramide/content/klinik/fachartikel/zkg-fortschritte-profiloptimierung-dr-triaca-brusco.pdf

Second example: https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/770185973782375456/?d=t&mt=login

« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 12:59:07 AM by Tomasjohn »

LeFort 3000

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021, 10:33:11 AM »
i would refrain from advising highly invasive and potentially very damaging surgerys to body dysmorphia cases or pathological narcissists.

Femto

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2021, 07:27:45 AM »
Thanks for your answers, I don’t think I have BD as it is not something I am obsessed with and I find it average. It’s just that it is not the way I want to look like even if the difference will only be few millimeters. I like wide faces with round jaws like almost all my family have
After looking at my pictures again, it seems that maybe it could be my asymmetry that makes me dislike my chin and jaw. And a lack of lips too making me think something isn’t right with my lower face proportions. I can send pictures in pm

First example: https://pyramide.ch/pyramide/media/pyramide/content/klinik/fachartikel/zkg-fortschritte-profiloptimierung-dr-triaca-brusco.pdf

Second example: https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/770185973782375456/?d=t&mt=login

Thanks a lot I will ask a surgeon if he thinks it could be a solution

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2021, 08:23:32 AM »
The thing is, people would have surgery to get the face you currently have. It looks pretty ideal in terms of all the proportions. This is why people think you have BDD. Wanting an oval face isn't really a justification for surgery. Your bite does look like it's mildly deep and with an overjet. If those are causing problems, the path would be to see if braces can fix it, and if not, maybe then surgery is justified. But only if it's causing problems. Wanting an oval face isn't a diagnosis any legitimate surgeon would take on.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Tomasjohn

• Private
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2021, 09:40:52 AM »
Thanks for your answers, I don’t think I have BD as it is not something I am obsessed with and I find it average. It’s just that it is not the way I want to look like even if the difference will only be few millimeters. I like wide faces with round jaws like almost all my family have
After looking at my pictures again, it seems that maybe it could be my asymmetry that makes me dislike my chin and jaw. And a lack of lips too making me think something isn’t right with my lower face proportions. I can send pictures in pm Thanks a lot I will ask a surgeon if he thinks it could be a solution

You are welcome but tbh i also think you should probably do nothing.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2021, 04:47:22 PM »
Although I'm not offering to advise on all the particulars of my suggestion and have no idea if you have BDD or not, I can tell you that if you want to change your lower face shape so it's wider, that's in the venue of finding a plastic surgeon who does jaw implants.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

celest218

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2022, 03:33:40 AM »
Leave your face alone. as you age your bone structure and soft tissue will. keep changing. Don't mess with your face unless it's for functional reasons. If anything goes wrong you'll wish you can get your original face back.