Author Topic: Genioplasty combined with chin implant?  (Read 645 times)

Hoper

Genioplasty combined with chin implant?
« on: December 26, 2021, 01:41:55 PM »
I had a genioplasty done recently and I am really liking the results. I was advanced about 9-10mm. I was severly recessed but did not want to go through jaw surgery as I had no functional issues. I am just slightly behind the ideal chin, which I measured to be about 3-4mm back. I was wondering if there is more info on getting an implant on top of a genioplasty. Probably the biggest thing holding me back from getting the implant is the risk of bone resorption. I don’t want to do more damage than good.

I saw Eppley’s post of him advancing a patient 14mm genioplasty and then a 5mm implant and it looked great but that’s about it.

GJ

• Administrator
Re: Genioplasty combined with chin implant?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 02:15:29 PM »
The implant will erode bone, and at 9mm you're already beyond any recommended genio. I think you'd be playing with fire to do something like that if you like the current result.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Hoper

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2022, 12:09:24 PM »
I've read that the implant can erode the bone due to micromovements due to not being fixated by a screw. My surgeon screws the implant in and said there should be no erosion.

I really like my result from the genioplasty but after all the morphs I created, I became fixated on achieving my ideal chin. Even though I'm just short, I would really like to get an implant so I can achieve my ideal chin. Also heard that predicting the results can be hard as the soft tissue movement is unpredictable.

I'm not sure yet but I guess even if I wanted to, I have to wait 6 months as he won't perform the implant until at least 6 months post-op.

dusselgurr

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 03:32:29 PM »
Is there any info if fillers will erode bone?

Also interested in the info that screws help against that, is there a study?