Author Topic: Revision jaw surgery help.  (Read 881 times)

thinkimightneedjawsurgery

Revision jaw surgery help.
« on: January 23, 2022, 10:57:33 AM »
Hello, first post here hopefully this is the right spot to post this? I has jaw surgery April of 2019. I was really naive back then and didn't object my plan at all (no decompensation or knowledge of jaw surgery) because of that my results were less than satisfactory. I was a class 2 deep bite that I had braces for years ago that fixed most of my bite but obviously did not fix my recession. My lower lip sits considerably behind my upper lip which is my chief concern for a revision, it bothers me a lot. I also think my upper jaw was advanced too much, most of the movement went to my ans thickening my philtrum more than I would like. I'm quite stressed over the situation. So my question is what would be the best course of action too fix this? I have attached lots of pictures. Let me know if you guys need anymore information. Thanks in advance!

https://imgur.com/a/tdVaSf8

« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 12:40:48 PM by thinkimightneedjawsurgery »

eastcoastian1

Re: Revision jaw surgery help.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 08:19:06 PM »
Hello, first post here hopefully this is the right spot to post this? I has jaw surgery April of 2019. I was really naive back then and didn't object my plan at all (no decompensation or knowledge of jaw surgery) because of that my results were less than satisfactory. I was a class 2 deep bite that I had braces for years ago that fixed most of my bite but obviously did not fix my recession. My lower lip sits considerably behind my upper lip which is my chief concern for a revision, it bothers me a lot. I also think my upper jaw was advanced too much, most of the movement went to my ans thickening my philtrum more than I would like. I'm quite stressed over the situation. So my question is what would be the best course of action too fix this? I have attached lots of pictures. Let me know if you guys need anymore information. Thanks in advance!

https://imgur.com/a/tdVaSf8

Aesthetically, I think you look great. Sure the upper lip is a TAD behind the upper, but you don't look recessed at all.

That said, your bite does look a bit wonky. Are you still a class two? The only reason I would even consider jaw surgery if I was you would be if it was absolutely needed to fix my bite. If you're doing it for aesthetic reasons, I would steer clear.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 09:06:20 PM »
You definitely would need to find a better surgeon. Most of the better ones are self pay and kind of expensive. Ask around the board for who the good revision surgeons are. Some in Europe, others in US.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 08:14:06 AM »
I think you need to post better records.

I'd also like to see your actual bite better on x-ray and see some standard photos of the bite. If the teeth aren't too proclined right now, it might be possible to get rid of some of that over-advanced look in the philtrum by proclining the teeth (i.e. the roots move posterior, negating that hump a bit). Same with the lower teeth. It could be the teeth are retroclined so much they're not supporting the lower lip, and that might be why you have that discrepancy. Hard to tell much from what you posted, though.
Millimeters are miles on the face.