Author Topic: Overbite Bimax asthetic question with pics  (Read 2089 times)

castaway123

Overbite Bimax asthetic question with pics
« on: February 02, 2022, 12:22:47 PM »
Hey all, new member here. I have a upcoming consultation for a bimax operation with possible genioplasty, was wondering if bimax with linear advancement or CW rotation would be possible to achieve the result wanted, the pic with me jutting jaw shows the asthetic result I would kike achieve with regards to adding height and projection to my lower jaw, i realize that jutting the lower jaw out and down isnt an accurate way to show how I would like the result to look but the overall height and projection gained from simulating a jaw jut is what I would want from the bimax. Please let me know if this is a realistic amount of verticality and projection I could achieve, I’m willing to advance the upper jaw forward if it means I can get the desired amount. But let me know you opinions please.
Thank you.
Pics will be posted below as im on my phone and the picture sizes are too large
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 03:15:17 PM by GJ »

castaway123

Re: Overbite Bimax asthetic question with pics
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 12:25:36 PM »
Having trouble posting pic lol says file size for 1 pic is too large lol
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 03:15:26 PM by GJ »

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 04:25:26 PM »
Do you have any medical records we can look at?

It's going to be impossible to say much based on those photos.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 07:15:27 PM »
DECLINED:

Reason: The OP already knows jaw jutting is not a realistic expectation to have as to outcomes that can be predicted for him from here. Yet he's wanting to know how realistic it is (and with a beard mind you).

It's impossible to advise someone like that. But based on the very QUESTION being illogical.

The translation of the question is: 'I know this isn't realistic way to convey what I want but I need to know how realistic it is to get it.'
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

castaway123

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 05:06:10 PM »
Thank you for the replies.I actually do have a ct scan record along with scans of my upper and lower palate that were mailed to the surgeon as trying to get the images to display on my laptop was giving me a headache. I will get the ct side view and frontal view. What are some medical records that would prove helpful besides the ct scans and dental arch scans?

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 06:31:51 PM »
What are some medical records that would prove helpful besides the ct scans and dental arch scans?

Those should be good, but front and side x-rays showing the TMJ are also nice. If the surgeon gives you a plan post that, too.

castaway123

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2022, 04:01:36 PM »
@GJ @Kavan
Here are some topographs I was able to get to display, I ended up getting the whole file list of the ct so there are some other Coronal, Saggital, and axial views although I don't know much about them. I also am not sure if the TMJ is clear here in regard to what GJ suggested for but let me know.
Thanks
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 03:15:38 PM by GJ »

castaway123

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2022, 04:02:11 PM »
Also yes, the two white teeth are implants

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2022, 08:02:15 PM »
Looks more like a rhino case to me than a maxfax case.  When you say tooth 'implants', you mean tooth (and its root) extracted and being replaced by implants implanted into the bone right (as opposed to CAPS over the teeth but nothing screwed into the bone).

castaway123

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2022, 08:14:10 PM »
Yep drilled into the bone, the ortho and surgeon have decided to work around the implants during pre surgery orthodontics. The case itself isn't really a case, I mean I have a class 2 malocclusion on the left side of my face but the right is normal, I forgot what kind of class 2 it was but I'll get back to that with more details and the surgeons preposed plan. I've had TMJ in the right side of my jaw since i was 15 and there used to be pain, but over the years its just evolved into annoyance..popping, locking and clicking at random times when I eat but thankfully no pain, the primary reason though is for a improvement in side profile and a taller lower third of the face like the pics show when i jut, I basically want as much lower third height as the pic of me jutting.

Would I be better doing a procedure without any CW rotation just to bring the jaw forward and them improve the verticality with implants/genio?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2022, 08:30:30 PM »
Doesn't look like a situation where I would advise in favor of maxfax. If your doctor is, then ask him how he emulates jutting.

eastcoastian1

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2022, 11:36:25 PM »
One of the few times I disagree with Kavan here. Your jaw “structure” looks super solid (ramus length, angles, etc) but it does look a bit recessed given your overbite, lip position and deep labiomental fold.

I would guess, and I’m no doctor, that lower jaw surgery would give you a better profile, fix your overbite, but wouldn’t change your look from the front at all.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2022, 11:55:01 PM »
One of the few times I disagree with Kavan here. Your jaw “structure” looks super solid (ramus length, angles, etc) but it does look a bit recessed given your overbite, lip position and deep labiomental fold.

I would guess, and I’m no doctor, that lower jaw surgery would give you a better profile, fix your overbite, but wouldn’t change your look from the front at all.

There's actually nothing to 'disagree with Kavan' about  because I didn't actually advise him other than to ask his doctor. But be my guest and advise him on the questions he's asked.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2022, 07:35:02 AM »
Can you upload a larger version of the images to imgr? If those are the actual size, there are free AI enlargers out there that will make the image bigger and clear.

I wouldn't touch the nose, btw...very solid, masculine nose.

castaway123

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2022, 11:23:28 AM »
Here are the ct Scans resized by about 400% let me know if this is clear enough. @Kavan Regarding the maxfac he acknowledged my jutting question and said he would be able to achieve the desired vertical height in lower third and said that the movement itself wasn't drastic or too much. I think he said something in the realm of 4 mm of upper advancement and 6-8 for the lower jaw but I'll get the definite numbers today when I speak to him so take that with a grain of salt for now. Don't plan on touching the nose as in person it looks more proportioned than the ct scan shows.(beard helps)@GJ. @eastcoastasian1  I believe even a BSSO movement by itself would change the front view at least in a small way as the surgeon showed me how advancement linearly would in of itself add some verticality due to the angle the upper and lower jaws but of course aesthetically I desire some more so thats where the upper jaw movement might come in, or like I suggested maybe implants combined with a genio. (He plans on doing the genio anyways for the chin).

« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 03:15:58 PM by GJ »