Author Topic: Worst experience after my third sliding genioplasty revision  (Read 1209 times)

mindwitch

Everything seemed to go smoothly in the beginning with my surgeon  he was kind. However my recovery has been difficult and when i requested painkillers i was met with resistance and reluctance because according to one of my doctors own on call doctors they are afraid to prescribe painkillers because they fear people are going to become addicted. Excuse me? But this an extremely invasive and painful procedure requiring painkillers for people to bear the experience. Never mind the fact that eating is difficult after jaw surgery.  now i must deal with the pain because your afraid i might become addicted when i am merely asking for pain killers during
the infancy recovery stage of this procedure. Your supposed to be reluctant to give these meds after significant amount of time has passed not the very beginning. For the first week of surgery i had to go three days without any pain killers. The level of disrespect and lack of caring about a person's overall health is out of this world. I've received better healthcare from a plastic surgery in miami known for killing patients. I'm extremely disappointed because my doctor seemed to genuinely care about helping me yet once the surgery was done it was like playing phone tag between him and his assistance  to help me. As frankly none of them seemed to give an F. One of them even told me i needed to be patient after waiting two days without painkillers despite being 3 days post op with fresh wounds healing. I planned to sing my doctore praises after my surgery but the only thing i can say is i pray to god this nightmare is over and i never want to see another surgeon for as long as i live.

Tomasjohn

• Private
Re: Worst experience after my third sliding genioplasty revision
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 04:47:20 AM »
If you are in pain and need painkillers just call your gp or any other doctor.