Author Topic: My Sleep Study Results & X-Ray Ceph. Also have CBCT DICOM. Considering DJS. Help  (Read 600 times)

Luis_McLovin

• 66mm IPD

I‘m Considering DJS to help treat my Upper-Airway Resistance Syndrome (UARS); for which I just did a WatchPAT Sleep Study to better understand. I think my sleep study conclusively and quantitatively shows I do indeed suffer from mild Obstrcutive Sleep Apnea (OSA) as a consequence of my complained UARS symptoms.

The sleep study shows my Respiratory Disturbance Index (RDI) is quite high, much higher than the normal 5; and also that it is double during REM sleep relative over other stages of sleep - which I think is the most damning part.

I’m normal body weight (80kg) at 176cm (5’9”) and mid twenties, so severe obesity OSA and AHI isn’t my profile case at all. I’ve had these symptoms and complaints for as long as my life as I can recall since adolescence.

I’ve done these tests to partly satisfy my curiosity quantitatively concerning my complaints but also to support my application to consider an intervention to treat myself, as I’m actively considering a surgery to help improve my respiratory condition.

What do you think of my x-ray cephalometry and sleep study results?

Luis_McLovin

• 66mm IPD
Size limit on uploads stopped me from adding my sleep report, so here it is linked externally hosted:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Hs0x9CwIqOPMu6dyoBPmdmY_Bna-3ms

This is a google drive with my sleep report screen shots, DICOM CBCT screen shots and ceph

kavan

• Global Moderator
It looks from the cbct scans that your breathing problem is in your nose airways more that it looks like they're in the airways maxfax surgeries open up. I'm no expert in reading the cbct dicom scans but I'm seeing in them that the nose airways take somewhat of a narrow a sinuous path and the ones behind the jaw/s look kind of open. I think DJS works to open the lower airways. Might take some consults with both an ENT and a maxfax to determine which specialty is more targeted for what looks to be a problem with the nose airways.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.