Author Topic: Revision jaw surgery and rhinoplasty  (Read 1023 times)

Raya

Revision jaw surgery and rhinoplasty
« on: February 20, 2023, 05:56:47 AM »
Dear everyone,

I want to ask for your help, I don't know what to do anymore.
I am several years valid jaw surgery caused by gummysmile and no proper mouth closure. I went a to the orthodontist pulled molars. The dental surgeon puts a lefort 1 and a ccw forward. The outcome was horrible. The upper jaw was too high and the lower jaw too forward. They have tried to fix this. Unfortunately it didn't work out. Now I know because they hadn't used a bone graft to extend the upper jaw.
 I finally requested a second openion by Dr Defranq. He indicated that the upper yellow was too small and the lower jaw too forward, which gave me a physical appearance. An oral surgeon in the Netherlands said they could create the same effect with v-line surgery. She was also able to bring my nose down slightly that was up from the previous surgery. she could create what Dr Defranq envisioned. Outcome is even worse than before. I have a crooked chin, no good mouth closure. You see a lot of lower teeth and little. The lower jaw is still too far forward. I also bite my bottom lip because my bottom sticks out and I lisp. Unfortunately, she also ruined my nose. This one went wrong on both the esthetic and functionel . I have visited two doctors and they want to rebuild the nose. I met her and she says she is satisfied. It's a ramp! I'm going to request a second opinion from the Defranq. But I am so scared because I have also read many negative reviews about him. I would like your advice on what to do and who to contact. The Defranq wanted to lower the upper jaw with bone graft and a CW setback of the lower jaw. Is this an upper jaw only surgery? How is the lower jaw fixed? I also have a phone consultation with Dr. Ramirie. Am I okay with him? I need someone who can look at my face and hopefully improve my nose too.
I appreciate your help. I will add some scanning soon. Regards, Raya

GJ

• Administrator
Re: Revision jaw surgery and rhinoplasty
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 03:18:01 PM »
We need to see some records.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 02:20:31 PM »
....wanted to lower the upper jaw with bone graft and a CW setback of the lower jaw. Is this an upper jaw only surgery? How is the lower jaw fixed? .....

Most likely a double jaw surgery. Upper jaw graft increases height there (more upper tooth show) and the clockwise set back of lower jaw does what it says; set it backwards to address complaint of lower jaw too forward. Lower jaw surgery is called a BSSO. Upper jaw surgery is called a Lefort 1. Those are general terms that apply to surgery on the upper or lower jaw. However, there are a variety of movements/displacements that can be done.

If not a double jaw surgery, you would have to establish from the doctor if the upper jaw surgery included a clockwise rotation in ADDITION to increasing the overall height of the upper jaw. Although a CW rotation to the upper jaw can also effect a CW rotation of lower jaw for it to go backwards more, whether or not your specific proposal is single or double has to be established from the doctor proposing the plan.

That's the only info I can address/provide as far as your entry here goes.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Raya

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 12:50:04 AM »
thank you for your response. I'm trying to post some scans and photos but it doesn't work. I'll see if someone can help me with that. Do you also know which doctors specialize in the cw rotation? Doctor Defranq doesn't work anymore, I didn't really trust him either

mediumdrinkofwater

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 03:34:23 AM »
thank you for your response. I'm trying to post some scans and photos but it doesn't work. I'll see if someone can help me with that. Do you also know which doctors specialize in the cw rotation? Doctor Defranq doesn't work anymore, I didn't really trust him either

Use the site imgur.com to post the picture and then post the link to the pictures here. That is the easiest way. You can delete the pictures anytime.