Author Topic: When did you discover your face was "off"?  (Read 1863 times)

earl25

When did you discover your face was "off"?
« on: August 22, 2013, 06:28:29 PM »
For me it was when I got contact lenses, or at least that when I officially knew. I still remember before getting them how excited I was. I always wore glasses and was always called nerd etc. This was going to solve it......HA omg. I still remember  the optometrist giving me the mirror after I put them in. I remember thinking wtf, this isn't supposed to happen. this isn't right.  I didn't know what was wrong at the time but I knew I just looked different and not in a good way. For the next few weeks I spent hours in front of the mirror. Eventually I decided to go out with my contacts. People responses ranged from literally laughing in my face, not being able to look me in the eye  etc.....

overbiter

Re: When did you discover your face was "off"?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 03:18:45 PM »
For me it was more a slow process of personal discovery through my teenage years. Ending in crippling anxiety about my physical appearance.

jusken

• Private
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 03:36:14 PM »
For me it was more a slow process of personal discovery through my teenage years. Ending in crippling anxiety about my physical appearance.

^Very much this for me.  I remember getting hair cuts was always a high anxiety event for me - and I started this discovery by blaming the hair stylist or the type of haircut I chose in my young teenage years.  Then I just started looking at other people and wondering how they were different than me.  Almost a decade of this and I finally had it down to a science - hard to believe it took that long.

earl25

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 04:25:50 PM »
^Very much this for me.  I remember getting hair cuts was always a high anxiety event for me - and I started this discovery by blaming the hair stylist or the type of haircut I chose in my young teenage years.  Then I just started looking at other people and wondering how they were different than me.  Almost a decade of this and I finally had it down to a science - hard to believe it took that long.

I hear. I cant believe how f^^cking dub I was. people weren't walking up to me and caling me ugly for their health

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 01:15:04 PM »
Hmmm probably around age 9/10 when they slapped me with headgear to slow down my upper jaw.
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

Alue

• Private
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 09:48:47 PM »
Hmmm probably around age 9/10 when they slapped me with headgear to slow down my upper jaw.

Me too. 

QueenB

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 06:17:18 AM »
Saw myself in a few videos.