Author Topic: What kind of surgery was used here  (Read 1254 times)

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: What kind of surgery was used here
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2024, 07:36:40 PM »
I get what you’re saying but how would you know what is the best treatment for yourself then ? I know that I do have a short face and I want the best aesthetic outcome from front view how could I know what surgeons are going to give me the better result.
No idea how you yourself would know. I just know that people who have some elementary understanding of basic geometrical relationships are able to relate them to what's going on in maxfax rotations, points, lines, angles and planes are able to recognize how all that relates to their own face or at least have something they can be built on to further their understanding of maxfax relationships. In the absence of even that type of very basic background, I guess there would be no way of 'knowing'.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

ChinaBoy420

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2024, 11:11:09 PM »
Her lower 1/3 of her face is longer in the after, she starts with little upper tooth show and maxillary recession. So, most likely an overall graft to the maxilla with net CW-r in addition to maxillary and mandible advancement.
Hey Kavan, will a CCWr with only posterior downgraft (not anterior downgraft at all) make the lower third "appear" taller? I mean it the lower third swings closer to the viewer it will look taller and wider right?

Also, do you know if bone grafts are absolutely needed for downgrafts or can the new bone fill the gap?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2024, 10:09:58 AM »
Hey Kavan, will a CCWr with only posterior downgraft (not anterior downgraft at all) make the lower third "appear" taller? I mean it the lower third swings closer to the viewer it will look taller and wider right?

Also, do you know if bone grafts are absolutely needed for downgrafts or can the new bone fill the gap?

No. CCW-r with (only) posterior downgraft has possibility of making lower '1/3rd' appear shorter. For added length to the lower 1/3rd, the graft whether it is NET CCW-r or NET-CW-r, needs to span the entire maxilla.

The graft can be a porous block of material that new bone can grow into.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.