Author Topic: Dr Cansiz vs Dr Pagnoni - Any experiences from anyone?  (Read 69 times)

SV123

Dr Cansiz vs Dr Pagnoni - Any experiences from anyone?
« on: June 24, 2024, 09:16:18 PM »
I need bimax for my recession, SFS and asymmetries via the surgery first route. Does anyone have any experiences with Dr Cansiz from Turkey or Dr Pagnoni from Italy as these are the two surgeons I am interested in.

Dr Cansiz offers bimax with custom plates apparently and they are not too expensive. Would anyone recommend these?

Also I am thinking of showing my plan created by the surgeon that cancelled my surgery to one of these surgeons as inspiration for their plan.

How do you think a surgeon will feel about a patient showing them another surgeon's plan? Would they find this disrespectful?

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 25, 2024, 07:05:20 AM by kavan »

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Dr Cansiz vs Dr Pagnoni - Any experiences from anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2024, 07:08:45 AM »
I put both of your questions into one post. That's why you see the second part of your question gone. I entered it into your main post.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Dr Cansiz vs Dr Pagnoni - Any experiences from anyone?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2024, 02:54:33 PM »
As 'inspiration' for their plan? Keep in mind you got a plan where the displacement proposal read out differed from what he told you verbally as to the drop downs associated with anterior and posterior maxilla. Surgeons generally don't mind if you show them the other guy's plan unless you come off as THEY should be 'inspired' by it. Just say something like: 'I brought along my prior proposal if you would like to see it.'

If you did pay for the implant design for the jaw implant, assuming you have the 'directions' for manufacture, I guess you could show them that. However, they might use a different design engineer given that the prior surgeon owned/was sole proprietor of the implant company of your prior design whereas the company with a long track record of custom implant designs and also custom plates is called 'Materialize'.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.