Author Topic: Is it possible...  (Read 15842 times)

tdawg

• Private
Is it possible...
« on: August 21, 2012, 05:34:31 AM »
For one's maxilla and mandible to be recessed, without the arches and the teeth being recessed?

Or am I just going crazy because of overhead lighting?

Eroica

Re: Is it possible...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 01:24:25 PM »
For one's maxilla and mandible to be recessed, without the arches and the teeth being recessed?

Or am I just going crazy because of overhead lighting?

A normal maxilla can look recessed if your paranasal area is recessed.

Eroica

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 03:20:45 PM »
If it's not caused by paranasal defiency it can be caused by midface tissue descent, which is pretty common in people who lack skeletal support around the cheekbones.

tdawg

• Private
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 03:26:45 PM »
that probably describes me. I have virtually no cheeks.

Now would Sarpe address this? I had a surgeon recommend that to me a few years ago, before my orthodontist disagreed? I have a fairly narrow palate(6 prominent teeth and 1 more on each side that can be seen). I looked up before and afters online, but didnt see that much change from SARPE surgery, so I assumed it wouldnt make a difference for me.

Maybe this is just something genetic that either have to deal with or fix with an implant?

Eroica

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 03:33:22 PM »
SARPE will help and midface augmentation will help, but for best results you'd want a combination of implants and a midface tissue resuspension to raise the tissues back up into their correct position. Sounds like alot but the midface resuspension is actually a relatively minor procedure.

This dude had implants + midface resuspension. Even though he's an older guy you can see the huge improvement in the nasolabial folds and the general appearance of the area around the mouth/nose.

tdawg

• Private
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 03:35:18 PM »
sorry, but is this the area you are speaking of and the effect desired?:

http://www.realself.com/files/swissmissy-25354.JPG

that just came up when i googled "nasolabial folds." i would imagine grafting would give permanent support, unless the soft tissue is really fatty.

My face is like a male version of this:

The flat cheeks is what makes it similar.

tdawg

• Private
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 03:39:58 PM »
I wonder if it can also be because my upper arch grew too far out, due to the narrow formation. I wonder if widening the arch and retracting the front teeth back a bit will improve it.

tdawg

• Private
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 03:57:50 PM »
but yours was different. They took two teeth out, they didnt expand the arch. According to teh interwebs SARPE is known to give people more pronounced cheeks. The retraction would be very slight in Sarpe, and it would be mostly the mid,posterior maxilla getting wider, possibly giving more support.

tdawg

• Private
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 04:11:18 PM »
Well it seems like everyone who I have found that had SARPE, ends up with a palate only slightly wider than what I have.

This blows.

CK

• Private
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 10:07:54 PM »
do you think the HA is enough to maintain and control a proper nasolabial area? or does it all boil down to the soft tissue?

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 10:46:58 PM »
sorry, but is this the area you are speaking of and the effect desired?:
http://www.realself.com/files/swissmissy-25354.JPG
That just came up when i googled "nasolabial folds." i would imagine grafting would give permanent support, unless the soft tissue is really fatty.

Looks like she just had fillers (injectables). Do you know what procedure she had?

falcao

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2013, 05:57:16 AM »
Sorry to bring up an old thread - hope it's not against the rules, but I can use some help on this topic.

Paranasal augmentation is part of my surgical plan  - but this is only because I chose it, after months of research and thinking. The surgeon agreed to it. I was hoping to hear some experiences, if any. The reason why I'm having it is purely cosmetic - to smooth out the emerging f**king nasolabial folds caused by descending soft tissue (very well described in this thread) without proper support. If I should pinpoint to one thing about my face that I really dislike, then that's it. Even more than the lower jaw issue that I have. Not only it makes me look older than I am, but it's getting worse with age. And I have the same problem described here - looks very different under different lightening. Sometimes I look perfectly fine. Sometimes I can give myself a scare.

Theoretically, it should work very well... but I haven't seen any pictures really. apart from two youtube videos (where implants were used), which do give some insight about the type of improvement. However, the before and afters are so bad - different angles, lightening, make up and all that s**t you don't want to see when looking at before and afters..

Cosmetic Surgery for the Face in Tijuana, Mexico
Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Tijuana, Mexico : Before and After Images

Anyway, if anyone has had experience with paranasal augmentation for this purpose or can link to anything useful, I would be very grateful.

falcao

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2013, 02:29:23 PM »
It will be a composite graft made of iliac crest bone and HA. This type of composite grafts do not reabsorb, as research shows, so I think it may be worth the trouble.

Much better than fillers and s**t. Incomparably better, especially if you're a young man and don't want to appear swollen and bruised from a cosmetic procedure every six to 12 months. And go for touch ups to fix assymetrries and s**t...Not to mention the fact that you need a lot in terms of quantity there, so you'll end up paying a fortune. And last, they don't work in that area. I think fillers have a place in making people look good, I just think they never quite work for that area.

I hope the high Lefort I works well for you in this respect.

I'll let you know how this thing works for me.

ExtractionsRuinFaces

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2013, 02:54:28 PM »
I have the descending tissue issue as well. Im only 18 though, I have deep grooves from nose to mouth in certain lighting, mine comes from lack of frontal projection of my maxilla.

It comes from no cheek support or no support around the mouth. You'll age much quicker than normal with this issue :(

CK

• Private
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2013, 04:41:10 PM »
not necessarily. as you age you'll lose fat and volume in your face, it won't look totally saggy and old. lack of support totally blows though.