Author Topic: Blood test for A/G?  (Read 2204 times)

Joy

• Private
Blood test for A/G?
« on: November 27, 2012, 10:24:05 AM »
Hi all,

For those of you that have had surgery with A/G...  Did anyone from the office contact you about the results of your blood test?  I am referring to the one that you get done 2 weeks before surgery.  Has anyone had surgery postponed due to problems with blood work?

I'm asking because I am anemic and was worried about my iron levels being too low.  I have emailed them but have not received a response yet.  I just dont want to book my hotel until I am sure. 

Thanks!

treevernal

• Private
Re: Blood test for A/G?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 10:48:40 AM »
Aren't they having you take iron supplements as part of your presurgical blood donation?

Marisama

• Private
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 11:03:39 AM »
I didn't have any problems with my blood work so I didn't hear anything until my appointment at the hospital and physical today. 

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 12:40:12 PM »
Good Luck with surgery tomorrow Ryan!   Please keep us posted.

CK

• Private
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 02:14:45 PM »
Ok, so I'm sure that if there was a problem they would have contacted me by now.  Thanks Ryan.  Does the hospital appointment go fairly quick?

well, they're two appointments. the first is the physical, which usually runs 20 minutes. the doctor they use, dont remember his name, is a friendly guy. the hospital might take a bit longer due to the hospital fee, unless your insurance is covering it. that's it as far as i can remember, excluding the pre-op appointment.