Author Topic: Infraorbital Rim Augmentation / 'Squint' look  (Read 48989 times)

jusken

• Private
Re: Infraorbital Rim Augmentation / 'Squint' look
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2014, 05:05:49 PM »
problem is its very hard to remove medpor. also the medpor implant is only like 2-3 mm so if u have a major deficiency it wont do much.

dr y now uses silicone covered in goretex

I'm not sure where you get your info, but Dr. Y just e-mailed me this morning with this reply:
The implants are made of porous polyethylene (Medpor)

As far as the scars are concerned, I will have to ask about this.  In some cases it seems worse than others, but this is hopefully just a matter of how long these photos were taken post-op?

The issue of the implants showing isn't that much of a concern to me.  Based on this photo the seams are pretty well flush with the bone.:

earl25

« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2014, 05:09:48 PM »
I'm not sure where you get your info, but Dr. Y just e-mailed me this morning with this reply:

As far as the scars are concerned, I will have to ask about this.  In some cases it seems worse than others, but this is hopefully just a matter of how long these photos were taken post-op?

i got it from him when i consulted with him although we only spoke about custom

jusken

• Private
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2014, 08:20:59 PM »
What are the chances of being able to get ahold of a sample of one of these Medpor implants you think?  It could even be a digital model.

I have a recent CT scan from Gunson, which I could use to make a very accurate full scale 3D print (of my skull) for ~$20.  I also have a new Xbox Kinect Sensor which could be used to make accurate scans of my face.  All of these things could be superimposed to see some sort of end result.

It bothers me that this technology isn't being used more frequently.  It's cheap to produce, highly accurate, and complements the 'artistry' side of surgery.  Sound weird or too far to go for this sort of thing?

pekay

« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2014, 09:27:43 PM »
What are the chances of being able to get ahold of a sample of one of these Medpor implants you think?  It could even be a digital model.

I have a recent CT scan from Gunson, which I could use to make a very accurate full scale 3D print (of my skull) for ~$20.  I also have a new Xbox Kinect Sensor which could be used to make accurate scans of my face.  All of these things could be superimposed to see some sort of end result.

It bothers me that this technology isn't being used more frequently.  It's cheap to produce, highly accurate, and complements the 'artistry' side of surgery.  Sound weird or too far to go for this sort of thing?

didn't you have your lower orbitals augmented with HA back when you had jaw surgery?
Chopsticks > Spoons

jusken

• Private
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2014, 09:41:34 PM »
didn't you have your lower orbitals augmented with HA back when you had jaw surgery?

Gunson did no HA on me, which I think I'm glad he didn't.   There was another patient I was talking to who said Gunson just sporadically added the HA procedure on at the end - I speculated whether that would happen with me.  That's about as far as I got talking about HA and Gunson.

But taking this a little further, I think it's important to note that A&G don't do any orbital rim augmentation.  The HA procedures they offer specifically target the midface/cheek/zygomatic arch - that sort of thing.  In my last visit with Gunson, he told me to give him an update on what I decide to do about this.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2014, 10:30:37 PM »
I don't know about Eppley, but this Yaremchuk guy had a nice result although the scars to the side of the eye are pretty bad.

Does this also mean that canthoplexy is legit for fixing "Stallone" eyes?

MrRochester

« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2014, 01:51:16 AM »
this guy later ruined his face with fat grafts an dr y had to carve them out.

Do you have a link to that? I'd be very curious to see how he ruined his face.

Eppley is now recommending fat grafts btw

http://www.exploreplasticsurgery.com/2014/06/28/fat-injections-for-lower-eyelid-retraction/

and two studies
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24814272
https://asps.confex.com/asps/2007am/techprogram/paper_12676.htm

I've researched a lot and have pretty much concluded that none of the options are worth the risk at least for me. Maybe fillers are OK (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17881981), but I'm even somewhat wary of the potential complications of those.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2014, 03:23:21 AM »

The issue of the implants showing isn't that much of a concern to me.  Based on this photo the seams are pretty well flush with the bone.:

I read they can be placed intraorally. Why not just opt to have it done that way?
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2014, 03:24:02 AM »
Gunson did no HA on me, which I think I'm glad he didn't.  There was another patient I was talking to who said Gunson just sporadically added the HA procedure on at the end - I speculated whether that would happen with me.  That's about as far as I got talking about HA and Gunson.

But taking this a little further, I think it's important to note that A&G don't do any orbital rim augmentation.  The HA procedures they offer specifically target the midface/cheek/zygomatic arch - that sort of thing.  In my last visit with Gunson, he told me to give him an update on what I decide to do about this.

Any reason you're glad about that? HA paste seems like an acceptable material for HA augmentation.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

jusken

• Private
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2014, 04:34:49 AM »
I read they can be placed intraorally. Why not just opt to have it done that way?

I'm not sure what you've been reading, but even Eppley said they have to be placed through the eye.  And this makes sense, it'd be a mess trying to place and screw in these implants from below.  Link (5th paragraph): http://www.exploreplasticsurgery.com/2009/12/27/orbital-rim-implants-for-periorbital-rejuvenation-and-improving-facial-convexity/

I'm glad I didn't do the HA through Gunson because it wouldn't have been an orbital rim augmentation.  I don't think I need anything other than that.  Not really saying anything bad about HA.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 04:43:42 AM by jusken »

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2014, 07:08:52 AM »
I'm not sure what you've been reading, but even Eppley said they have to be placed through the eye.  And this makes sense, it'd be a mess trying to place and screw in these implants from below.  Link (5th paragraph): http://www.exploreplasticsurgery.com/2009/12/27/orbital-rim-implants-for-periorbital-rejuvenation-and-improving-facial-convexity/

I'm glad I didn't do the HA through Gunson because it wouldn't have been an orbital rim augmentation. I don't think I need anything other than that.  Not really saying anything bad about HA.

What would it have been? I don't get it.

Sucks about the scarring then too.

Dontknowwhattodo

« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2014, 04:02:45 PM »

http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3750.0;attach=1380;image

What surgery was done on his jaw? I think his jaw was much better before, is it only lighting?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2014, 04:05:53 PM »
He could have simply gained weight.

MrRochester

« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2014, 05:43:54 PM »

http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3750.0;attach=1380;image

What surgery was done on his jaw? I think his jaw was much better before, is it only lighting?

Here is the link to what they did and where they placed the jaw implants  http://www.dryaremchuk.com/english/facial_contour.php

fulcanelli

• Private
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2019, 08:47:42 AM »
Reviving this thread. Are there any minimally invasive suggestions for fixing ‘Stallone eyes’? I was thinking of an injectible filler. Can HA paste be injected without full surgery?