Author Topic: line from nose under eye when smiling  (Read 6705 times)

nrelax11

• Private
line from nose under eye when smiling
« on: April 26, 2014, 08:15:38 PM »

Does anyone know if narrowing the nasal bones with get rid of these lines when I smile? Or is it an orbital rim issue? I know I have hollows underneath my eyes, but so does my dad. His doesnt look that bad because he doesnt have these damn lines from his nose lol. My nasal bones just seem pretty wide, and i noticed in a other person nose job, that narrowing the nasal bones diminished these visiblr lines. I had restylane injected but it didnt get rid of the line on my left side. My nasal bone feels wider on that side and that line has always been more prominent. I know the surgeon who injected the restylane might have done too little.  Im jus hoping that after jaw surgery, Ill some day be able to fix this.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 02:14:54 PM by nrelax11 »

ticktickatick

Re: line from nose under eye when smiling
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 04:51:18 PM »
Have you thought about how your skin quality affects these lines?

Definitely skeletal structure plays a part, but your skin looks quite sun damaged which makes the skin less elastic. A long-term routine of retinol under the eyes, and then a strong retinoid like Renova on the rest of the face could really tighten up the skin and reduce the hollow look.

I would also recommend preventing further damage with daily sunscreen.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 05:09:30 PM »
after

before
See how his lines almost completely disappeared. Id like something like that..maybe Ill jus try fillers again.

I keep good care of my skin and I know I have dots in my tear trough area but thats genetic. I wonder how advancing my jaws will affect my skin and pores. Does it make them smaller?  Those close up pics dont pay homage to my skin lol. But I dont really go in the sun, so I think im good for now. Im indoors a lot, but I recently have been putting sunscreen on when I do go out and take walks. Do you know if narrowing of the nasal bones will get rid of those lines? There's a pic online I'll post of what im talking about

Oh and is that skin cream prescription only?

Edit: I went out and bought the retinol undereye cream. So Ill give it a show. I know I already have some crows feet, or it looka like it, but I awesome its because of the lack of supper under my eyes.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 06:07:33 PM by nrelax11 »

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 07:23:59 PM »
Yea I agree, it does look better in the before pic..its just his lines that go off to the side are gone. It also seemed to age him a little in my view. I think Ill just go to a more experienced restylane injector than the one I went to. The surgeon did a good job on my right tear trough area, but not the left. I think its because that line is more prominent on that side and will take more fillers to blend in
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 07:43:07 PM by nrelax11 »

LoveofScotch

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 08:24:00 PM »
Renova is only available with a prescription (at least in the US).

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 08:32:06 PM »
Hmm, maybe I'll talk to my doctor about sending me to a dermatologist. Could using retinol instead of rx meds help my skin in the long term. I also purchased a retinol cream that has hyaluronic acid in it, so maybe that will help hydrate my skin more.

ticktickatick

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 08:34:47 PM »
It's prescription only but not hard to get. Go to a derm and tell them you want to start an anti-aging routine.

Nothing comes close to prescription retinoids when it comes to increasing collagen, elasticity, and repairing sun damage.

ticktickatick

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 08:36:47 PM »
Hmm, maybe I'll talk to my doctor about sending me to a dermatologist. Could using retinol instead of rx meds help my skin in the long term. I also purchased a retinol cream that has hyaluronic acid in it, so maybe that will help hydrate my skin more.

Retinol is good but not nearly as good as retinoids. However you can't use retinoids in the under eye area because the skin is too thin and fragile there, so strongest for eyes is retinol. Increasing the elasticity of the skin around the eyes will help too though, best results from retinol/retinoids is when you use it on the whole face regularly.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 08:38:47 PM »
It's prescription only but not hard to get. Go to a derm and tell them you want to start an anti-aging routine.

Nothing comes close to prescription retinoids when it comes to increasing collagen, elasticity, and repairing sun damage.

Okay thanks.  I'll email my doctor about seeing a dermatologist.  I guess my skin has always been an issue :/

LoveofScotch

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 09:13:18 PM »
Make sure with any product containing Vitamin A, prescription or otherwise, you ONLY use it at night.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 09:18:02 PM »
Make sure with any product containing Vitamin A, prescription or otherwise, you ONLY use it at night.

Why is it bad during the day? Can the sun irritate the skin? Im going to get some facial lotion thay has spf 15 in it because I dont usually go out in the sun that long. Can anyone recommend some suncreen lotion that isnt so thick on the skin or oily?

LoveofScotch

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2014, 09:38:15 PM »
Yes, it can increase your sensitivity to the sun, but that can occur regardless of the time of day you use it. The issue I was referring to actually has to do with potential skin cancers. I know, what the hell, right? Don't worry, this only applies if you use it in the morning/during the day. It has something to do with the reaction that occurs when sunlight hits skin that has been slathered in a product containing Vitamin A. Google it if you want to read the studies, but I guarantee it's a valid concern.

At night, when you're done being outside for the day, prior to going to bed, wash your face AND make sure it's completely dry, then apply Renova (for example), then wait 5 minutes before applying any other products of your choosing (such as a moisturizer, if you want).

Sorry, I'm still looking for that perfect sunscreen, too.

ticktickatick

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2014, 10:13:29 PM »
I use CeraVe AM. It is 30 SPF. It is a great moisturizer and does not feel like sunscreen. I like the silky texture and how it spreads easily on the skin. It also has ceramides and some other good stuff for your skin.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2014, 10:22:53 PM »
Thanks ticktickatick :) Does anyone know if its bad to take multiple products with hyaluronic acid in it? I know it just helps attract and absord water.

ticktickatick

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2014, 07:40:03 AM »
Thanks ticktickatick :) Does anyone know if its bad to take multiple products with hyaluronic acid in it? I know it just helps attract and absord water.

Nope, you'll be fine