Author Topic: Worried about Orthodontist  (Read 1516 times)

Optimistic

• I am class I
Worried about Orthodontist
« on: May 17, 2014, 07:19:28 PM »
Thanks to a thread by nrelax11 and the people who posted in it I'm starting to think I need to just E-MAIL my orthodontist and have him tell me loud and clear what the f**k he's doing to my teeth.

I can't believe they never make it clear.

All I know is this:
- Third Molars Impacted to close open bite
- Levelled Dental Arches
- Now back of teeth are fine?
- Front part of lower set of teeth need to come back to fix edge-to-edge bite

Questions:
- If all this is true what are the braces on the top row of teeth doing?? Why did the latest wire make them hurt. One would think they just need to be left as they are
- I have a few mm of maxillary cant which affects bite yet for some reason he doesn't think I should use TADs to correct this, and it's too minor for surgery apparently. Why wouldn't he want me to fully fix my bite? And why is a few mm too little for surgery?
- Oddly enough the side which should have the canting also has teeth that don't touch. For example I can bite my finger nails using my left front tooth as it touches the teeth below, but my right one has a gap between there enough though it should be lower techically.
- He claimed there was no room to decompensate, yet he MUST be decompensating if he's moving the lower teeth back to fix an edge to edge bite. So who's to say there isn't more room?

---

I also still feel like I have a very slight open bite. Of course there is more to go, but I wonder why surgery wouldn't be an option still. Even if it was a bimax to give extra rotation to the mandible.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.