Author Topic: Concerning news from Dr Triaca regarding HA paste  (Read 16686 times)

madeira

Re: Concerning news from Dr Triaca regarding HA paste
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2014, 03:11:25 PM »
Interesting post Disillusioned. Shame if this is true, HA does seem like it could be a perfect solution for a permanent sculpted augmentation short of custom implants. This info is confusing as I thought the claim for HA was it encourages new bone growth. Some things I have come across mentioned it more as a "scaffolding" structure to encourage new bone growth when used in a hollow, "filling it in". Can it be used extending beyond the surface bone structure (i.e. like an implant, and at what depth)?

Also I had a consultation with Dr. van der Dussen who uses HA direct to permanently mould cheeks and he mentioned he mixes it with something to allow him time to shape it before it sets. I can't remember for certain but maybe it was with Bioalcamid (of which I have read very bad reviews from HIV wasting patients online, another quote found there was: ?Most [permanent] soft tissue fillers have not stood the test of time and thus should still be considered experimental.?

A later consultation with Dr. Daniel Sim?n (maxfac with Facial Team who worked with van der Dussen) said that they reviewed a few patients who had this HA mix and when they investigated the HA area it was still wet (not sure how long after, whether due to complications or not). Just food for thought on the matter, sorry I can't be more certain but maybe someone could clarify some of this

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 03:31:35 AM »
I have a consultation soon for revision rhino.  The doc also does HA paste augmentation of cheekbones (he is a max fac as well as a PS).  I will ask him about this and what he mixes it with

It's a shame custom titanium isn't more widely available....I'd love it for my gonial angles.  I think in 5 years, its use will be much more common and not as crazy expensive.  Sucks for us that 5 years is too late....

PloskoPlus

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2014, 03:51:38 AM »
I wish she'd come back and tell us.

Why did she leave?

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2014, 03:57:04 AM »
Why did she leave?

Not sure, I assumed she was happy with her surgery and just got on with her life. Hope so.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2014, 05:31:42 PM »
Might be of interest

The Fate of Porous Hydroxyapatite Granules Used in Facial Skeletal Augmentation -

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2906722/

From the abstract
Thickness of original bone plus overlay of hydroxyapatite, thickness of the overlying soft tissue, and the overall projection (bone plus soft tissue) were recorded. It was found that 99.7% of the hydroxyapatite was maintained at 2 years, with no statistical difference (t test) from the baseline measurement. The overall projection (bony and soft tissue) was maintained as there was no evidence of native bone resorption or soft tissue atrophy. Radiographic results confirmed that the use of porous hydroxyapatite granules for enhancement of the facial skeleton is not only a predictable procedure, but maintains full bony projection at 2 years.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 06:15:40 PM »
I will most likely be seeing Mendelson about under eye augmentation.

LoveofScotch

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2014, 08:15:47 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to dig up that study. I wish it was 10 years, not 2 years, but it's a good start.

Thanks!

PloskoPlus

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2014, 09:04:50 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to dig up that study. I wish it was 10 years, not 2 years, but it's a good start.

Thanks!

Mind you, mendelson is a ha paste booster.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2014, 11:47:43 PM »
Mind you, mendelson is a ha paste booster.

You aren't concerned about his negative reviews?
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2014, 12:00:06 AM »
You aren't concerned about his negative reviews?
I've heard of them, but I've never seen them. Anyway, just want to hear what he has to say.  I mean what's the alternative? Le Fort 3?

LoveofScotch

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2014, 09:20:44 AM »
Hey PP,

Sorry, this might be a double post; I don't know where it went.

There is the option of a Quadrangular LeFort I or II. I've only heard of Keller doing them, and it is my understanding that all incisions are through the mouth (like normal). I think there was a pretty long thread on them awhile back, maybe started by Lazlo? The thread may not have been started by him, but he certainly contributed a lot of information. I've consulted with Keller a handful of times (not for that), and he's a good guy.

Cheers!

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2014, 11:11:14 AM »
I've heard of them, but I've never seen them. Anyway, just want to hear what he has to say.  I mean what's the alternative? Le Fort 3?

I have never seen anyone actually have that area augmented with HA. Mommaerts said that fat injections were better when I discussed it with him (although his opinion doesn't mean much at this point).

I'm planning on having a consultation with Triaca soon so I'll ask him what can be surgically done to enhance that area.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2014, 12:55:51 PM »
Quote from: Gregor Samsa link=topic=3840.msg258
90#msg25890 date=1402596674
i'm planning on having a consultation with Triaca soon so I'll ask him what can be surgically done to enhance that area.

Please do. I'm keen to hear what he has to say.  You've seen my pics.  Lefort i  is not enough in my case.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2014, 12:59:16 PM »
Please do. I'm keen to hear what he has to say.  You've seen my pics.  Lefort i  is not enough in my case.

Honestly, you look much better than what I do in that regard. I don't think its's a big deal in your case. I'll send you a PM with some images so you can see for yourself.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2014, 04:13:16 PM »
I have never seen anyone actually have that area augmented with HA. Mommaerts said that fat injections were better when I discussed it with him (although his opinion doesn't mean much at this point).

I'm planning on having a consultation with Triaca soon so I'll ask him what can be surgically done to enhance that area.

Didn't someone here have orbital rim HA grafts? Or obsess about the orbital rim?

I got filler. 1.5ml total. Made a big difference, so consider it.  Go for a thicker filler and get it put in deep - non of this superficial bollocks (thats for individual lines)