Author Topic: Just got my CT scan. How do I find which pics to give to Doc? Where is Nerve?  (Read 3344 times)

Optimistic

• I am class I
I just got my CT scan of the mandible. Because of the system we have here it ended up that I was just given everything on a CD which contains all of the scans plus a viewer to view them in.

I've got probably 300 or more images of what look like individual teeth, parts of the mandible and so on.

How can I work out which ones need to be sent to my surgeon to work out where the nerve is on hte mandible? I can post some up if everyone likes.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 01:56:13 AM by Disillusioned »
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Gregor Samsa

Make an album on imgur.com and send that to the doctor. I believe you can do batch uploads there so it shouldn't require too much effort to do.

Optimistic

• I am class I
Make an album on imgur.com and send that to the doctor. I believe you can do batch uploads there so it shouldn't require too much effort to do.

They aren't jpegs that's the problem.

The CD contains its own program to view them in, and there are hundreds of little parts of the scan that appear as images.

If all else fails I suppose I'll put it up in a dropbox and see if it'll work that way
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

PloskoPlus

They aren't jpegs that's the problem.

The CD contains its own program to view them in, and there are hundreds of little parts of the scan that appear as images.

If all else fails I suppose I'll put it up in a dropbox and see if it'll work that way
What kind of scan is this precisely ?  Who prescribed it? How much was it? Thanks.

dantheman

• Private
is it an icat viewer? The one I have you can right click on the pics and click "save to file" or something like that.

MrRochester

Did you get it done at Mesantis? You're from Germany? That's where I got mine done. If that is where you had it done, I can show you how to save them as jpegs. You can also use a screenrecorder and take a video while viewing the x-rays.

Optimistic

• I am class I
Did you get it done at Mesantis? You're from Germany? That's where I got mine done. If that is where you had it done, I can show you how to save them as jpegs. You can also use a screenrecorder and take a video while viewing the x-rays.

I think I'll just have to end up either posting it to him physically or finding a way to upload it for him to view.

Do you remember what your scan looked like that showed the vein?

Also the program this comes with apparently has a way to view my mandible 3d but I cant for the life of me figure out how to do that. What a pain.

Optimistic

• I am class I
is it an icat viewer? The one I have you can right click on the pics and click "save to file" or something like that.

You're right! thank you. Unfortunately this still doesn't solve the question of what to do with the hundreds of photos. If I can save the video files then that will be that. I'll let you know how I go

MrRochester

I think I'll just have to end up either posting it to him physically or finding a way to upload it for him to view.

Do you remember what your scan looked like that showed the vein?

Also the program this comes with apparently has a way to view my mandible 3d but I cant for the life of me figure out how to do that. What a pain.

You mean nerve not vein right? There are pictures in this document from the software maker of the scans which show the mandibular nerve http://www.kavo.com/img_cpm/global/files/global/aktuelles/Schubert_3D-eXam_en.pdf

You get this scan by clicking on Implant under the Screens menu up top (provided you are using the same software I am).

[attachment deleted by admin]